The Best SET Tube Amps ever made!!

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
http://audiolifestyle.blogspot.com/2015/03/amplifon-set-140.html

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2015/02/amplifon-set-833a-power-amplifiers-new.html

30 years in tube audio projects, 3 years time of monoblocks 833A project, 1 year time of produce, tests, warm up etc, and now we have the best tube amps ever made! Mr. Andrzej Piwowarczyk from Poland made tube challengers which are the best in all categories of tube amps, SET or Push Pull. Each more than 70kg weight, perfect design in brushed steel, the best components, special design of hand made trafos 17kg each, 140W power in A-class, absolutely the best sound, only one SET amps with great bass, auto bias, soft start, no any noise, best colours and saturation of sound, best 3D space...etc.
Compare to other tube amps which i tested....total K.O....and only what can i say to others amp is....Goodbye.

I tested many tube amps looking for something the best. Some was ok, some medium class, some was low class with poor parts inside.
Kondo Kagura and Thrax Spartacus was very good but i still prefered A-class SS amps like new Vitus SM-011.
But...listening of new Amplifons SET 140 shows how tube amps can be good, and...how the rest of tube amps are weak.
Now i'm waiting second month for my pair. Time wait is about 4 months. Everything is hand made, chassis is making on kind of CNC machine which Mr.Andrzej made...himself!!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Congratulations! Looks so beautiful.

Reactions: acousticsguru

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Congrats on the amps! You should get more "thereness" with a design like this.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats...they look sensational, and of course my only reading on 833s has been on the legendary Wavac 833. May i ask how much do they cost? Enjoy!

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
Congrats...they look sensational, and of course my only reading on 833s has been on the legendary Wavac 833. May i ask how much do they cost? Enjoy!

Price is about 45K euro netto. It is sale on special order, direct from producer. So price is very attractive. In normal distribution should be much more.
Kondo Kagura costs 180K euro, top Wavac even more.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Price is about 45K euro netto. It is sale on special order, direct from producer. So price is very attractive. In normal distribution should be much more.

Thanks for that...enjoy!

tmmvinyl

Jul 25, 2015

Sly30, have you received your Amplifon amplifier yet? I have been interested in an 833 design for a number of years now and look forward to reading your impressions.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
sly30, How are your amplifiers doing?

Is the manufacturer still making them?

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
I still playing with this amps. For me the best tube amps. Manufacturer still offering it and now he design preamp and....biggest,strongest SET ever made, based on 2x 833 tube per channel, 280W class A SET!!! More than 100kg each.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sure. I still playing with this amps.For me the best tube amps. Manufacturer still offering it and now he design preamp and....biggest,strongest SET ever made, based on 2x 833 tube per channel, 280W class A SET!!!

Yikes! Does Amplifon have a website? I looked and saw the hearing aid Amplifon.

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
it is small brand, few people, CNC-machine, tube magazine, 30 years experience, more orders than possibility to make it, so they have no time to make new website. If you need contact, i can give you email address to founder/boss of firm Amplifon.

This German/Benelux distributor http://annasound.de/kontakt/

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
it is small brand, few people, CNC-machine, tube magazine, 30 years experience, more orders than possibility to make it, so they have no time to make new website. If you need contact, i can give you email address to founder/boss of firm Amplifon.

This German/Benelux distributor http://annasound.de/kontakt/

Thank you

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am glad you're enjoying them!

Does the company have a website?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Have you ever compared the sound of your amplifiers to the sound of, for exameple, NAT Audio Transmitters or Magmas?

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
I had many tube amps like Kondo Kaguras, Octave, Jadis, ARC etc. but Amplifons was the best. I had no any NAT, but my friend had it and it was 2 class lower sound than Kaguras. I had Kaguras so i can compare to Amplifons. It depends what you looking for. Amplifons SET140 doesn't play like Jadis or 300B tubes.
They are more neutral, faster, dynamic with the best bass as is possible on tube amps. Sound has great 3D stage and is a little etheric but not to slow, to sweet and lazy like most 300B amps. Amplifons has no any noise. You can put head before tweeter and noise is...zero!! Profi engineering job. No any voodoo or garage quality. Most tube amps i know compare to Amplifons are like kid toy. Amplifons has 3 level control system and auto bias. Founder and boss of Amplifon work for audio and for...Army. He makes power systems for Marines, so he has great experience.

Reactions: acousticsguru

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing