Thread: Magico Factory Tour

Magico Factory Tour

Madfloyd sent me this link. It is quite an impressive operation.

http://nhanxetdanhgia.vn/index.php?t...agico.12513%2F

Though I'm having trouble making the link work. Help please.
    Last edited by PeterA; 03-09-2015 at 07:11 PM.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best!
    Jeffrey W. Fritz
    Editor-in-Chief
    The SoundStage! Network
    www.soundstagenetwork.com

.....many thanks, very interesting...
    Last edited by FrankWies; 03-09-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Fritz View Post
    Thank you Jeffrey. I did see your website factory tour a while ago. It is excellent. I could not remember where I had seen that.
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! scouter's Avatar
    There is a pic of some very small S type monitors in the tour. Are these new speakers for surround?

When I started this thread over a year ago, I did not think I would ever have the opportunity to visit the company.

I recently joined my wife on one of her business trips to San Fransisco. I was free on May 13th and had the great fortune of going on a tour of the Magico factory. I did not take any pictures as there are already many on the net, and unfortunately, I did not see the new M3 speaker, but I did learn a lot about the company and its operations.

I was extremely impressed with what I saw and the listening room was incredible. Sadly, they did not have any speakers on hand to demonstrate because they were all out at the Munich show. As soon as a new pair of speakers is completely, it is burned in, tested, and shipped out. They had a good variety of gear in the listening room: two top turntables, digital, large SS and tube monoblock amps, and cables from both Transparent and MIT.

I want to thank Dave Shackleton for giving me the tour and being so generous with his time. The build quality of the speakers and efforts to which Magico goes to advance the technology and building techniques of speaker manufacturing, are truly impressive. The employees are young. There was a great deal of energy and excitement everywhere I looked. The factory was very modern, clean and efficient.

I left the factory with a greater appreciation of the company, the brand, and the products. Magico deserves the tremendous success that they have received in such a short time.