Magico Factory Tour

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
When I started this thread over a year ago, I did not think I would ever have the opportunity to visit the company.

I recently joined my wife on one of her business trips to San Fransisco. I was free on May 13th and had the great fortune of going on a tour of the Magico factory. I did not take any pictures as there are already many on the net, and unfortunately, I did not see the new M3 speaker, but I did learn a lot about the company and its operations.

I was extremely impressed with what I saw and the listening room was incredible. Sadly, they did not have any speakers on hand to demonstrate because they were all out at the Munich show. As soon as a new pair of speakers is completely, it is burned in, tested, and shipped out. They had a good variety of gear in the listening room: two top turntables, digital, large SS and tube monoblock amps, and cables from both Transparent and MIT.

I want to thank Dave Shackleton for giving me the tour and being so generous with his time. The build quality of the speakers and efforts to which Magico goes to advance the technology and building techniques of speaker manufacturing, are truly impressive. The employees are young. There was a great deal of energy and excitement everywhere I looked. The factory was very modern, clean and efficient.

I left the factory with a greater appreciation of the company, the brand, and the products. Magico deserves the tremendous success that they have received in such a short time.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing