Lampizator Big 7

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
PX4 is not hyped up. It is below the other valves but above the 101D and the 300bs. I can understand someone liking 300b more. The PXs might have a house sound, the 300b is very different (and different from other 300bs on tone, though like other 300bs does not have the dynamics and punch of non 300b valves), and 242 is extremely different. The 45 is just plain boring. I don't have a PX4. I told you PX4 because in your Lampi nothing else - 242, special 45s, PX25s - would work.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am not denying valves are personal, but some are ahead of others.

Carts are personal too, but generally a zyx or a Lyra, irrespective of their differences will be preferred to a Hana

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
PX4 is hyped in the bass no question. We've had that discussion with us both agreeing the bass is really quite enthusiastic.

Anyway, just enjoy what you like Ked. There are no absolute pecking orders.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi Al
By the way over the weekend I’ll start posting about the pacific dac as well. It rolls tubes with magic including the 242 tubes. No issues with any tubes I have used.

I can't wait to read about your findings :cool:

Wookii

Jan 7, 2015
Anyone here using their Big 7 with the SOtM SMS-200 Ultra. I just plugged a recently acquired unit into my Big 7, and anything DSD (native or upsampled) produces an annoying hiss with the music. I must be doing something wrong - any pointers?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Hey Norman, I think it has the standard DSD256 Amerano Combo384.

Sounds like a firmware issue. The SoTM is linux and maybe you dont have the right firmware for Linux feeding DSD. Windows is less of an issue.

Please tell me what FWare you have. Ask Greg instructions for how to flash.
Before everything though, switch off the SoTM and Dac and reboot both.

Reactions: dctom

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Been waiting for a Big 7 to come up for sale for a while but no dice. Come on guys, it's time most of you upgraded to the GG so the likes of myself can play ball ; -)

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Been waiting for a Big 7 to come up for sale for a while but no dice. Come on guys, it's time most of you upgraded to the GG so the likes of myself can play ball ; -)
Have you tried to contact Fred Ainsley from Lampizator North America?

Reactions: wisnon

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing