Which cable has the best Mid-Bass Performance?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
everyone's room and componentry are different for the most part, so what you may recommend to your ears for mid bass may not apply with the same cable in a different room/system/ears. Cable manufacturers (good ones) strive for a relatively flat frequency response throughout the range.....hence nothing will be accomplished for the OP in this thread other than the recommendation to try various cables to see which one works best for his system, room, ears. Recommending cable brands is a waste of time in this context.

While I agree that a cable that works in one system may not work in another, and that synergy/matching is vital, I disagree that cables recommending cable brands to try when someone is after a certain attribute is a waste of time. For example, I am currently auditioning various cables and I can say without hesitation that what I've read about the tonal attributes of the cables I have turned out to be 100% consistent with my own findings. Thank god there are people out there that are knowledgeable about this sort of thing and that we all didn't have to follow someone's advice to 'try them all'; there are a lot of good cables out there.

caesar

May 30, 2010
If a cable has great mid bass, what does that mean about it's treble and deep bass ?

Great also, I hope. But those are not my fetish, and I like them as they are. I just want that MBL 101 melon to purr extra nicely.

I appreciate the variety and intellectual diversity of all responses. It what makes this a great forum.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
For what it's worth, I have found that if I replace my Shunyata Zitron Alpha HC's powering my Pass monoblocks with Kubala Sosna Emotions I get a lot more midbass.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Why were using Alphas on the Pass and not the Sigmas?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Why were using Alphas on the Pass and not the Sigmas?

A few reasons
1) The Sigmas weren't available when I bought my Alphas.
2) I don't know that the Sigmas are any better
3) I received advice from more than 1 person suggesting I try a different brand.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Without a dedicated ac line to each amp I think you observations regarding pc's might be flawed, at least that's what I have experienced

JmCamrn

Jan 4, 2015
While cables are very system synergy dependent, I find that MIT cables consistently perform well in the midbass. They have a great tuneful balance. Many other cables in comparison sound lean. $3K should get you a great mid-level set from them. They excel in holography, and depth of soundstage as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing