Munich High End 2015 - Who is going?

minirac

Jan 30, 2014
I will be there for 4 days- will post some pictures of best sound etc as soon as possible for those who will not be there..

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hello,

Who is going to the Munich High End 2015?

I am certainly going.

Cheers,

VPN

I'll be there.
Maybe we could all meet up Thursday/Friday evening?
If so it would be helpful to know soon so we can book a table before it's too late.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
A room to check: Audiopax (Maggiore L50 pre and M50 set monos), Avantgarde speakers and Lampizator DAC.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I will reach Friday night and be at the shows Saturday and Sunday (last two days). Not sure what time I will get in, if there is a late dinner will join you guys, else if anyone is around Saturday, happy to meet up.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Bonzo.
I'm flying back on Saturday morning so let me know when you are arriving on Friday and we'll see what can be arranged.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I will arrive Thursday morning and will leave Sunday night. Happy to meet, lunch or dinner any day. Cheers, VPN

Thanks for that.
I am arriving Thursday afternonn so yes lets meet up,
I'll let it run a little bit longer to see if there are others who would like to join us and then get back to you.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for all your replies.
Can I share with you some initial thoughts and ask for your reactions?
It looks to me as if dinner(s) on Thursday/Friday nights are likely to be the best bet at 7.00 to 8.00pm though that may be a bit early for Bonzo.
I am staying in Munich North at the Innside. If others are staying in that area that is a potential venue or area. I imagine there are some reasonable restaurants around there, but happy to meet in the centre. Thursday will probably be easier to get a table in the centre than on Friday so we could aim for the centre on Thursday but be prepared to eat in the North area on the Friday if we can't book a table in the centre.
I am not a fan of most German cuisine and prefer Italian, French,Chinese and Indian in that order but happy to fit in with any of those preferences.
Does everybody like to have wine/beer with their dinner and would a price of about 50 euros all in meet with approval?
If you have any particular restaurants to recommend please do so. I know a very good Italian in the centre which is very popular but can't remember the name immediately but I can sort that.
I am asking these questions of you so we can find somewhere we are all happy with so please get back to me in the next few days. Hopefully we can get a consensus and once we have that I'll get work and try to make some bookings.
I look forward to hearing from you and even more to meeting you all next month!

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
I understand I will not have access to the show on Thursday because I am not an industry member, so I would prefer dinner on Friday in order to be able to share some views regarding the sounds of some audio systems. I will be staying at the Le Meridien, but dinner anywhere is fine for me.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I understand I will not have access to the show on Thursday because I am not an industry member, so I would prefer dinner on Friday in order to be able to share some views regarding the sounds of some audio systems. I will be staying at the Le Meridien, but dinner anywhere is fine for me.

Thanks for that. Very helpful.
I am arriving late Thursday and returning on Saturday morning so Thursday/Friday for me.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi,

I will be there with a mate too. Going out on Friday evening to sample the German ales.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi there is another hifi show usually held away from the main show for smaller players who usually have very interesting equipment - does anyone have any details on that? It usually runs in the evening after 5

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ah thanks very much Peter, I will head for this then. At the main show, will listen to GIP labs, a couple of other things, then the Hifi Deluxe

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing