M525

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I recently replaced my Parasound A21 with a JR M525. Although it's used, it has less than 100 hours. It has taken my system to new levels: soundstaging, spacing between instruments, tonality, and a natural midrange. The M525 is the first amp I've ever owned that presents a 3 dimensional soundstage. All that being said, now I wonder what improvements going from the M525 to the JR S2 integrated will yield? Is it a night and day difference? My system: Aerial 7Ts, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Bryston BDP-2, and all Wireworld Silver 7 cables.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I wouldn't expect anything like as big a change as when you replaced your Parasound. The Bryston BDP-2 is a very good piece and I'm not sure you would get a step up with an integrated. Possibly even a step down might occur. BTW, welcome to JR ownership, I think his products are some of the very best ss on the market.

musicargyle

Jan 28, 2013
I have two 525's bridged into mono configuration. I mostly use them to run the low frequencies (150hz down) and a stereo 625 for 150 hz & above on my Revel sSalon 2's.

I did have a chance to use the bridged 525's to run the entire system (just deleted the 625 for a few days) and I can attest that the 525 is very beautiful in bridged mode and to my ears & taste sounds very very good. At the price point it's hard not to consider. IMO the two bridged 525 sound better than it does as a stereo amp. Not to mention that it's just profoundly powerful.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I have two 525's bridged into mono configuration. I mostly use them to run the low frequencies (150hz down) and a stereo 625 for 150 hz & above on my Revel sSalon 2's.

I did have a chance to use the bridged 525's to run the entire system (just deleted the 625 for a few days) and I can attest that the 525 is very beautiful in bridged mode and to my ears & taste sounds very very good. At the price point it's hard not to consider. IMO the two bridged 525 sound better than it does as a stereo amp. Not to mention that it's just profoundly powerful.

I've heard several people say that bridged 525's aren't as transparent. My question is what would be better...bridged 525's or S2 integrated?

musicargyle

Jan 28, 2013
Actually this is what I would have expected however the effect was more of a deeper soundstage, greater dynamic range, more tonal nuance and a very relaxed yet dynamic presentation. The 625 on the top end is much more resolving however. To my eras the bridged 525's are very very good & powerful. At the price point a good deal.
The S2 costs how much (new or used) 525 can be had for a good price these days.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing