What cars are you looking forward to?

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
allocations are a total pain on the M2. many lists with 20-30 folks on it, 1 car a month.

..yep it's not likely that I'll be one of the lucky ones but as they say...nothing ventured, nothing gained

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
The lease on my Z4 is up in Jan. I just ordered a 2017 M3. My dealer has 6 2016 M3 coming in 3 are sold. If timing were better, i would have gone for the '16. To bad BMW decided to stop providing maintanance free for 3/36 from here on out!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
The lease on my Z4 is up in Jan. I just ordered a 2017 M3. My dealer has 6 2016 M3 coming in 3 are sold. If timing were better, i would have gone for the '16. To bad BMW decided to stop providing maintanance free for 3/36 from here on out!

Its not free, its in the purchase price of the car.

This is a small victory for me being a previous MB advisor. MB was almost the first to end this business model and every BMW owner thought this was curtains for MB.

You will still be able to buy a maintenance plan at time of purchase and if you plan on keeping the car for any length of time it is worth looking into. It protects you from price increases over time.

They are a loser for the dealerships and the technician pays the highest price personally for this, but keep it in mind when you purchase.

Go to the service department unrelated to the sales dept and get the service pricing for the first four services then compare to the plan pricing they offer for maintenance, you should come out way ahead buying the plan. This is also at current prices and you know its not going to get cheaper over the next three or four years.

Also as a footnote make sure you compare the services that they quote you in the Service Department replace the same things at the same rate as the Maintenance plan. Sometimes the Maintenance plan does not cover as much as the Owner paid services, trust me on that one, buyer beware.

As a disclaimer Ferrari Genuine Maintenance included for 7 years does cover manufacturer recommendations 100% to the book, these boys and girls do not short cut anything on maintenance.

Last edited:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Its not free, its in the purchase price of the car.

This is a small victory for me being a previous MB advisor. MB was almost the first to end this business model and every BMW owner thought this was curtains for MB.

You will still be able to buy a maintenance plan at time of purchase and if you plan on keeping the car for any length of time it is worth looking into. It protects you from price increases over time..

That's exactly what I did for my MB. I know the Schedule A and B maintenance can run over $1k at times!!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

they have rejiggered the program to exclude certain items like brakes now. maintenance is still included for 3/36 instead of 4/48 like before.

i don't generally do service at dealers on my Audi S5 - in fact, have used Midas for years on all my cars. but with a tricked out M or AMG, you pretty much have to use a dealer initially.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
so my time is almost up with my Audi S5 - going to drive the following cars this weekend. I've been on an M2 list since Thanksgiving but have been told it's mid-2017 most likely so unless some folks drop, looking like I have another decision to make.

BMW M4. I actually prefer the M3 stylistically, but they are tough to find on lots vs. the ubiquitous M4 in LA

bmw m4.jpg

Audi A7/S7- its always been gorgeous to me. Not sure I need the size, but the only Audi worth going after right now as the RS5 is a 2018 project

audi a7.jpg

and a wildcard, the Volvo V60 Polestar- apparently handles better than an M car but of course has great utility. If it fits my wheelchair in the trunk (without breaking it up into pieces like most cars), a valid consideration although the interior looks weak.

volvo polestar.jpg

I'm looking at Benz, but no car is out now that fills my needs. The C63 coupe is one, but won't be out till next year and is quite a bit more expensive than M3. I can't afford the SL or GTS class of automobile that I love.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
so my time is almost up with my Audi S5 - going to drive the following cars this weekend. I've been on an M2 list since Thanksgiving but have been told it's mid-2017 most likely so unless some folks drop, looking like I have another decision to make.

BMW M4. I actually prefer the M3 stylistically, but they are tough to find on lots vs. the ubiquitous M4 in LA

View attachment 27849

Audi A7/S7- its always been gorgeous to me. Not sure I need the size, but the only Audi worth going after right now as the RS5 is a 2018 project

View attachment 27850

and a wildcard, the Volvo V60 Polestar- apparently handles better than an M car but of course has great utility. If it fits my wheelchair in the trunk (without breaking it up into pieces like most cars), a valid consideration although the interior looks weak.

View attachment 27851

I'm looking at Benz, but no car is out now that fills my needs. The C63 coupe is one, but won't be out till next year and is quite a bit more expensive than M3. I can't afford the SL or GTS class of automobile that I love.

..I drove a 2015 M4 recently in this same estirol blue w/6sp....couldn't really put it thru it's paces due to the roads but enough to say unequivocally that this is a man's car...a full sec+ quicker to 60 than my 228i. It's also an additional $30-40K but my oh my! However for $20K less the new M2 can be had with nearly identical performance numbers...fingers crossed..

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Yeah, I think the M2 is arguably better than the M4 but going to test drive anyways since the M2 is unlikely due to my lease timing :(

Honestly, will likely just buy out my S5 lease but might as well have a little fun before!

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Just yesterday I decided to switch my order from a lease M3 to purchase M2. It appears every photo, utube, etc., showcases the car in the Laguna Blue, which is what I decided on. The lease on my Z4 is up in Jan. but can be extended 6 momths. One dealer was charging $3000.00 over MSRP and I ended up with $500.00 discount. My wife drives a 435i, and loves it but is now hankering for an M too. $62k all in with Executive Package.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..my dealer never marks their cars up even the M2 which is essentially scarce. Loaded it's $58K..

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
The 62 includes tax, licsense, etc., etc., and mats. BTW I ordered the 2017.

..as did I but the odds of getting one are pretty small. I always get my BMWs in Alpine white and will this time as well but if they offered the M2 in Estirol (sp) blue IC have gone that route..

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
speaking of 'launch control'......

as I've been learning about how the 'launch control' works on my CS2 with PDK and Sports Chrono I ran across this video (not for my car). it's one thing to do it once, but 50 times in a row under 3 second 0-60 without even breaking a sweat. pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5DRCTW-Q7o

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
..as did I but the odds of getting one are pretty small. I always get my BMWs in Alpine white and will this time as well but if they offered the M2 in Estirol (sp) blue IC have gone that route..
I think that when the hype is over the M2 will be available with a lot more options in colors and trim.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I prefer the M2 over the Mustang, but I will say the Mustang can be upgraded for less than the cost of the M2, to absolutely run away from the M2. If your only goal numbers then you can't win with luxury auto-mobiles, ever. I'm sure most know this, but are like me and don't want to drive around track only type machines.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing