New Avatar Size

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone.

Wanted to announce a new change to the forum. Currently our maximum Avatar size is limited to 80x80 pixels. We kept that small as to not make it overtake the context of our conversations. But with advent of much higher resolution monitors, such avatars can be barely visible. And we appreciate members create their avatars as a reflection of who they are (check out my new one and that of Steve! :D ).

So starting now, for members who have had 25 posts and 30 days or longer membership on WBF Forum, the new maximum size is 320x180. That should allow you to use widescreen aspect ratio for your avatars.

FYI the max file size is 20K bytes but we would appreciate if if you could keep the files as small as you can as otherwise they will slow down page displays. Mine is 5 Kbytes as an example.

Go ahead and make your change now.

Enjoy!

Steve and Amir

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I will have to stay the same size because 69 years later MrAcoustat would not FIT on the page.:)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
It is our pleasure Sean. What classic car are we looking at in your avatar?

Amir, Ouch that hurts. That question makes us older guys feel our age. :)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Amir, I believe that's a Goat. In other words a Pontiac GTO.....bad to the bone muscle car. '67 perhaps?

Tom

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Amir, I believe that's a Goat. In other words a Pontiac GTO.....bad to the bone muscle car. '67 perhaps?

Tom

From that photo it is hard to tell if it is a 66 or 67.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks for the increase in size! Nice!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir, Ouch that hurts. That question makes us older guys feel our age. :)
Oh no, it is not about being too young to know. Should have been more clear. I am just not a "car guy" so not good at recognizing cars from their pictures and hence my question.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Oh no, it is not about being too young to know. Should have been more clear. I am just not a "car guy" so not good at recognizing cars from their pictures and hence my question.

I'm the same. I can get a general idea, but that's it.

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area

Tom

It's a '67 Pontiac GTO. The biggest difference between the '66 & '67 is the tail lights are different. Also the GTO badge on the front fender is in a different location. On a '66 it's in the middle on the fender, and on the '67 it's on the bottom chrome trim.

I tried to upload some pics, but the software is not working all the way for some reason today. It uploads the image in the drop down box but then the software gets hung up, and does nothing.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A bigger valve bomb? Awesome!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
It's a '67 Pontiac GTO.
Holy Moly, I nailed it on the first choice! Whoo Hooo!!!

Do I get a prize? *dances*

No wait.....Don't tell me. My prize is that I get to post again, right? :)

Great car man. Great car. If that's yours, I know you have a lot of looks coming your way whilst driving.

Tom

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Holy Moly, I nailed it on the first choice! Whoo Hooo!!!

Do I get a prize? *dances*

No wait.....Don't tell me. My prize is that I get to post again, right? :)

Great car man. Great car. If that's yours, I know you have a lot of looks coming your way whilst driving.

Tom

Thanks Tom. It does get a lot of looks.:cool: It's a lot of fun.

I still can not insert images in this thread for some reason?

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
how are you doing it?

Hi Amir, Same way I always have. I'm hitting the insert image icon above. Then uploading images from my computer. It uploads them and then after the progress bars are full it just sits there, and does not add them to the post. Just tried it again, and no go.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Sweet Vinyl 01.jpg - - - - Test

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing