Robert Plant - Band of Joy

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I went to my local dealer to get the Vinyl LP, but he hadn't ordered it yet...although he is now!:)

To satisfy my curiosity (in the meantime) I bought the CD at Costco and just had a listen to it. Robert's voice sounds strong and my first impression is that this release will not go un-favourably noticed. Other than one song (Central Two-O-Nine) writen by Plant and Buddy Miller, all others are cover songs or traditional arangements. It's a wonderful grab-bag of song selections.

Robert Plant - Ba&#11.jpg

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I've played this album about 5 times this week and am really enjoying it. The music is nothing to write home about. It's just OK. But Plant's voice! I don't know what it is. Maybe it's like hearing the voice of an old friend with whom I have spoken since high school.

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Funny, a guy posted links to this on a football site I frequent. It's gaining fans. I like the sound of it. Band gets into a nice groove and stays there.

Here's another interesting thing. I watched the video and wondered about the woman on the acoustic guitar so I looked it up.

It's Patty Griffin.

I've been sort of aware of her for a awhile now. In fact, I looked on my hard drive and sure enough I bought one of her CD's awhile back, but I must have bought it in one of my shopping sprees when I buy ten or twelve CD's at a time. So, I played the album and she's incredible.

I ended up going to Amazon and buying three more of her CD's.

So, this Band of Joy thing is a gift that keeps on giving.

If you haven't already, check out Patty Griffin, too.

Start with her album Living With Ghosts.

http://www.amazon.com/Living-Ghosts...2G4U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287551944&sr=8-2

I know this is sort of off-topic, but she's in Plant's band, so it's really just a tangent.

It's two great discoveries in one!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing