YG speakers
Shunyata Triton 2
Lampizator GG

Cool so are you auditioning the GG? Get a burnt in one

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Tidal L'Assoluta
Polymer Research Masters Speakers
Kaiser Kawero with Goldmund electronics with FULL Proteus/Leonardo implementation
Balanced Lampizator GG Dac with Lampi Balanced 211 monoblocs
5 Devialet Silver Phantoms in MCH mode

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
While I have heard some of these in the Munich show, it would be great to hear them in my system:

Turntable: Kodo the Beat (heard in Munich)
Speakers: Rockport Arrakis (It would be great to hear them at the Rockport factory)
Power Amps: Gryphon Mephisto Solo, Boulder 3060 and 2160
Preamp: Boulder 2110
Digital: Todaldac Twelve with Server and CH Precision C1 (heard both in Munich)
Cables: Echole Omnia (heard in Munich)
Tweaks: Entreq Silver Tellus

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
While I have heard some of these in the Munich show, it would be great to hear them in my system:

Turntable: Kodo the Beat (heard in Munich)
Speakers: Rockport Arrakis (It would be great to hear them at the Rockport factory)
Power Amps: Gryphon Mephisto Solo, Boulder 3060 and 2160
Preamp: Boulder 2110
Digital: Todaldac Twelve with Server and CH Precision C1 (heard both in Munich)
Cables: Echole Omnia (heard in Munich)
Tweaks: Entreq Silver Tellus

We seem to share much in common here. I am a huge fan of the mighty Arrakis having finally heard it in HK. Huge fan of the Boulder 2060 and its accompany older generation preamp. Spent serious time with Entreq incl the Silver Tellus and own a number of their grounding products (and Tripoint). And own the Gryphon Colosseum.

Based on comments from friends, the Echoles and Totaldac are definitely on my list, though less so because i am extremely happy with Transparent Audio and Zanden.

Look forward to your comments on all of these when you've heard them. Anything in the near future?

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
We seem to share much in common here. I am a huge fan of the mighty Arrakis having finally heard it in HK. Huge fan of the Boulder 2060 and its accompany older generation preamp. Spent serious time with Entreq incl the Silver Tellus and own a number of their grounding products (and Tripoint). And own the Gryphon Colosseum.

Based on comments from friends, the Echoles and Totaldac are definitely on my list, though less so because i am extremely happy with Transparent Audio and Zanden.

Look forward to your comments on all of these when you've heard them. Anything in the near future?

Hello LL21,

We certainly share much in common. While I lived in the U.S. (7 years in NYC and 2 near Chicago), it was much easier to test new components in my system. Now living in Sao Paulo, Brazil, it is difficult and usually takes a long time to properly test new equipment.

As you can see, I listened to many of these components this year in Munich, but it is difficult to understand each component's impact in a system's sound when the room and other components are different from yours. So I may end up buying some of these components just based on the feedback of end users that I trust, that at some point did a direct comparison in their system with the component that I have.

I am now focusing on improving my room treatment, with dedicated resonators for major room modes and improving the use of diffusion. I have seen this make a major impact in some of my friend's audio room/system's sound when properly done.

Next step may be upgrading the turntable or DAC. After these two upgrades, or in parallel, perhaps an Entrec Silver Tellus and ground cables.

I hope I will be able to hear the Arrakis at the Rockport factory at some point. I sent an email to Andy Payor, but no response yet. I also would like to listen to it in other top systems during 2016/2017, to be able to understand what it is able to deliver.

Regarding the Gryphon Mephisto, it is possible that a friend here in Sao Paulo will buy one, so maybe I will be able to bring it to my system to listen.

I am very happy with the sound of my Krell Phantom/Krell FPB750mcx (re-capped) combination, with dedicated power lines, good cables, RSA bases, etc. so regarding the Boulder preamp and amps, I may just wait for some used units to show up for sale a few years from now and maybe try one and sell if I don't like.

Regarding the Echole Omnia, I already have several Echole Obsession cables, so I plan to over time, given priorities for upgrades, and as they rarely show up in the used market, try Echole Omnia cables in specific places of my system.

Cheers,

VPN

Last edited:

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Speaker : Tidal Assoluta
Preamp : Thomas Mayer's Ultimate 10Y pre with silver transformer
Amp. : Boulder 3060
Tape Pre : Doshi Pre
Catridge. : Koetsu Jasper . Was told only 6 available & a friend heard it in Manila

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You should visit us next time Audioblazer.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hello LL21,

We certainly share much in common. While I lived in the U.S. (7 years in NYC and 2 near Chicago), it was much easier to test new components in my system. Now living in Sao Paulo, Brazil, it is difficult and usually takes a long time to properly test new equipment.

As you can see, I listened to many of these components this year in Munich, but it is difficult to understand each component's impact in a system's sound when the room and other components are different from yours. So I may end up buying some of these components just based on the feedback of end users that I trust, that at some point did a direct comparison in their system with the component that I have.

I am now focusing on improving my room treatment, with dedicated resonators for major room modes and improving the use of diffusion. I have seen this make a major impact in some of my friend's audio room/system's sound when properly done.

Next step may be upgrading the turntable or DAC. After these two upgrades, or in parallel, perhaps an Entrec Silver Tellus and ground cables.

I hope I will be able to hear the Arrakis at the Rockport factory at some point. I sent an email to Andy Payor, but no response yet. I also would like to listen to it in other top systems during 2016/2017, to be able to understand what it is able to deliver.

Regarding the Gryphon Mephisto, it is possible that a friend here in Sao Paulo will buy one, so maybe I will be able to bring it to my system to listen.

I am very happy with the sound of my Krell Phantom/Krell FPB750mcx (re-capped) combination, with dedicated power lines, good cables, RSA bases, etc. so regarding the Boulder preamp and amps, I may just wait for some used units to show up for sale a few years from now and maybe try one and sell if I don't like.

Regarding the Echole Omnia, I already have several Echole Obsession cables, so I plan to over time, given priorities for upgrades, and as they rarely show up in the used market, try Echole Omnia cables in specific places of my system.

Cheers,

VPN

Hi VPN,

Newer is not always better in my own experience. Your amps are the stuff of legend...i will be most interested to hear how you think they compare with the Gryphon Mephisto. I have heard great things about Echole's best work...what DAC are you considering if i may ask?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Bionor horns
Yamamura horns
Kendrick sound
More apogee
More Analysis audio
Multiple TT and amp comparisons

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
None!

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Hi VPN,

Newer is not always better in my own experience. Your amps are the stuff of legend...i will be most interested to hear how you think they compare with the Gryphon Mephisto. I have heard great things about Echole's best work...what DAC are you considering if i may ask?

Hello LL21,

Based on my personal taste and system, and based on feedback (most of the time only by private emails) from people who have compared to some extent, the two DACs I am considering are the ones I listed: (i) Totaldac Twelve with server, and (ii) CH Precision C1 + X1. I have heard these two in several systems in Munich, but it is hard to compare if it is not in your system and room. I also really liked the MSB Select DAC II, but I would never pay that much money for a DAC.

Both the Totaldac Twelve and the CH Precision C1 + X1 had end users who strongly preferred one or the other and detailed that to me by emails, but the comparisons were not ideal. For example, the CH Precison C1 + X1 was compared with a Totaldac Mono or Dual (not the Twelve), or the CH Precision was compared without a preamp (I need a preamp for the turntable). So, if I buy one of these, it will probably be an educated guess. Anyway, my Playback Designs MPS-5 keeps sounding better and better as I improve power supply, cables, accoustic treament, and other components of the system.

Cheers,

VPN

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I don;tknow about ASAp. They all would be speakers.
In no particular order"
Avantgarde Trio
Martin Logan Neolith
Nola Grand Exotica
Magivo Q7
Genesis Grand Dragon

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That was My response till forced by others ineptitude in manufacturing
Kef blade 2
Let's hope it won't fall apart quicker than a rock star coming out of rehab.

Spaz, I've just heard the Blade 2 w/a stack of Mark Levinsons generating enough Global Warming to sink certain Pacific islands.
My advice, don't hold your breath. Good points - they play loud. Um, nothing else, oh they look nice. Bad points - I'm afraid I don't have the time to list them all.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gosh Keith, all things from yr line. I don't really understand, you've been raving about the Kii's for months now - still haven't received them?
The DAC is a current model - again if so, why the wait.
I hear the Putzey boys are as laid back as anything (never yet met anyone from The Netherlands that driven), but come now...

Purite Audio

banned
May 28, 2013
www.puriteaudio.co.uk
Gosh Keith, all things from yr line. I don't really understand, you've been raving about the Kii's for months now - still haven't received them?
The DAC is a current model - again if so, why the wait.
I hear the Putzey boys are as laid back as anything (never yet met anyone from The Netherlands that driven), but come now...
Kiis are promised for the second week of January, the Mola dac isnt available as a separate unit yet, and the USB input still isn't quite ready but as soon as it is!
I wouldn't mind a pair of Magico Ultimates at the other end of my perfect room, just to compare to the Cessaros.
Keith.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Yea but they measure well... :D
Mine getting re engineered/altered to be savage proof so I am back to wanting for nothing.

Spaz - does "mine" mean your Vivid speakers?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing