The 5 components, speakers or lines you are itching to listen to asap

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Kiis are promised for the second week of January, the Mola dac isnt available as a separate unit yet, and the USB input still isn't quite ready but as soon as it is!
I wouldn't mind a pair of Magico Ultimates at the other end of my perfect room, just to compare to the Cessaros.
Keith.

I wouldn't mind you putting them in my room too!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Spaz - does "mine" mean your Vivid speakers?

Just get Lawrence to make them reliable, Spaz. The last thing you want is a love/hate relationship w/anything (Lord knows, there are enough of these in life).

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Speakers - Graz Apogee Interstellas/Graz Apogee Advance 7 Duettas/Audio Analysis Omegas/Zu Experiences flagships at Munich.
Amps - Nat Audio Magnetostat batt psu linestage/Nat Transmitters all-Class A SETetrodes
Digital - Lampi Golden Gate w/R2R for pcm w/Sound Galleries Monaco server
Analog - Symposium Acoustics Quantum Signature tt shelf/Spiers And Robertson air table for tt
Tweaks - Shun Mook Diamond Resonators

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Speakers - Graz Apogee Interstellas/Graz Apogee Advance 7 Duettas/Audio Analysis Omegas/Zu Experiences flagships at Munich.
Amps - Nat Audio Magnetostat batt psu linestage/Nat Transmitters all-Class A SETetrodes
Analog - Symposium Acoustics Quantum Signature tt shelf/Spiers And Robertson air table for tt

I can help you with digital and tweaks, Marc.

Purite Audio

banned
May 28, 2013
www.puriteaudio.co.uk
I will soon have some 'resonators' of Douglas Fir, you are more than welcome to collect.
Keith.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014

Lampi Balanced 211 monoblocks in my system - could roll with Amperex, GE, RCA and Chinese 211s for some fun as I have quads or more of each.

Apogee Advance 7 just to see if it is much better than the Interstella's I own.

Ron brought these to my attention.

There's probably a whole host of other stuff if I thought more about it.

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Problem has been identified its just no one else in the world has managed to rip the leads off the driver befor lol it is purely physical not a thermal issue. Dic is sure he can cure this weakness. But bit strange it's only me who has managed this feat. Might be down to a album I play blue film by lo fang as one track blue film puts out a very strange LF event that I have never expirenced with any other music. Dic has bought the album and is investigating.. Still it should not happen no matter what.
It's a bugger as I live 200 miles away from him and he's had to come here many times for one reason or other.

Ha! Just bought that CD! Curious to see if I can damage one of our speakers :p

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I will soon have some 'resonators' of Douglas Fir, you are more than welcome to collect.
Keith.

Only if you're charging £2k a set. None of those Homebase prices of £7.99, no Siree!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Keith.

As I've said Keith, your inability to hear that the Bakoon Class AB amp w/a mere 12W/ch is SO superior to the ho hum Class D Molas on yr superlative Liszts, means any thoughts you have on the non-audibility of tweaks are bought into serious question.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Problem has been identified its just no one else in the world has managed to rip the leads off the driver befor lol it is purely physical not a thermal issue. Dic is sure he can cure this weakness. But bit strange it's only me who has managed this feat. Might be down to a album I play blue film by lo fang as one track blue film puts out a very strange LF event that I have never expirenced with any other music. Dic has bought the album and is investigating.. Still it should not happen no matter what.
It's a bugger as I live 200 miles away from him and he's had to come here many times for one reason or other.

Back to the matter more at hand, I would like to hear spirits set up as he seems to be wanting the same kind of things I do but has gone about it in a totally different way. That's one of the things this site is all about for me. Different ways obtain the same result.

lampi is no longer hifi it's become a religion lol still I want to hear it too. In a rig I know.

Spaz, you remain very welcome. I put my system away in several weeks max ahead of move to Norfolk. So hurry!
Happy to put you up overnt here so we can do Ronnie Scott's on the Sat and Zus the next day, and of course you and your's welcome to stay the weekend in the country later in the year.
You will be pleasantly surprised by what I've achieved. Prob 180 different from yr Giyas, but my system has an amazing ability to communiucate, and nail tone down. Certainly, it favourably compares to the live jazz I've heard over the years.

Today, I had a series of epiphanys (had to recover w/a beer or two), and I can say things are locked in esp on the analog front. Coltrane on Giant Steps has never sounded so present in my room

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Just upgraded to Echole Signature at for speakers and power cords - amazing!

Hello LL21,

We certainly share much in common. While I lived in the U.S. (7 years in NYC and 2 near Chicago), it was much easier to test new components in my system. Now living in Sao Paulo, Brazil, it is difficult and usually takes a long time to properly test new equipment.

As you can see, I listened to many of these components this year in Munich, but it is difficult to understand each component's impact in a system's sound when the room and other components are different from yours. So I may end up buying some of these components just based on the feedback of end users that I trust, that at some point did a direct comparison in their system with the component that I have.

I am now focusing on improving my room treatment, with dedicated resonators for major room modes and improving the use of diffusion. I have seen this make a major impact in some of my friend's audio room/system's sound when properly done.

Next step may be upgrading the turntable or DAC. After these two upgrades, or in parallel, perhaps an Entrec Silver Tellus and ground cables.

I hope I will be able to hear the Arrakis at the Rockport factory at some point. I sent an email to Andy Payor, but no response yet. I also would like to listen to it in other top systems during 2016/2017, to be able to understand what it is able to deliver.

Regarding the Gryphon Mephisto, it is possible that a friend here in Sao Paulo will buy one, so maybe I will be able to bring it to my system to listen.

I am very happy with the sound of my Krell Phantom/Krell FPB750mcx (re-capped) combination, with dedicated power lines, good cables, RSA bases, etc. so regarding the Boulder preamp and amps, I may just wait for some used units to show up for sale a few years from now and maybe try one and sell if I don't like.

Regarding the Echole Omnia, I already have several Echole Obsession cables, so I plan to over time, given priorities for upgrades, and as they rarely show up in the used market, try Echole Omnia cables in specific places of my system.

Cheers,

VPN

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just upgraded to Echole Signature at for speakers and power cords - amazing!

Big congrats!!! I have spoken with 2 owners who have owned other great cables and have nothing but great things to say about Echole, particularly Signature!

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Count me in! I have the Echole Orius IC and speaker cables, amazing. The best I have had by far.

JP

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Count me in! I have the Echole Orius IC and speaker cables, amazing. The best I have had by far.

JP

Fantastic system jep123! - I have heard the Absolare Int. Signature with those cables as well - fantastic!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing