Mojo Audio PC

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Read on some forum that Mojo Audio PC is a giant killer, like real David slays Goliath. Anyone has any experience with this?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019

I have a 3 or 4 year old Deja Vu server and Mystique V3 DAC. I have always found them to be very good for the money. Never harsh. I have head to head my DAC to a MSB entry level DAC with a single power supply. My Mojo DAC was better. Half the price. About $6K

The Mojo DAC have come a long way since then. I have heard an iteration before this one. It was more full and well rounded. About $9K at the time.

I have not heard this unit. I assume it is very good for the money. Mojo Audio I also carrying a new server. Again, I bet its very good for the money. The combination I have is not like my tape. Its pretty close to my vinyl. My vinyl does need some work. I still would say his new stuff is probably chomping at the heals of the other well regarded pieces if not betting some of them. The new stuff is in the $12K to $16K for a DAC. But I bet you may prefer it over a $40k DAC. They are direct sale so no middle man prices. And they use very high quality parts.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
@Kingrex - Just for clarity sake, the new server you are referring to on the Mojo website is not of their creation it is the 432 EVO. Mojo is now an online retailer for that brand server.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
That is true Facten. It's suppose to be very good. I hear its very well regarded in Europe.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I sent my preamp to be upgraded. In the interim I placed a Shiit Valhalla 2 as my system preamp. The Valhalla 2 is an OTL. It sounds good for the $$$ but its not a very sophisticated circuit. As in, it seems to have little protection. One of the tubes failed. That blew a fuse in the Dartzeel. Thank god for the Crowbar device. It also ruined a REL subwoofer, and, it smoked a chip in my DAC. What does please me is Mojo Audio is not only able to repair my DAC for a reasonable price, they are also upgrading some of the Chokes, Op Amps and DAC chip. For a moment I was wondering, do I try a Lampizator Baltic 4. I think the Baltic could be a good DAC. But the repairs and upgrades are a lot less than getting a new DAC so I am sticking with what I have. It will be interesting to hear it with the upgrades. I have been very happy so far and had no intention of changing it out. I was going to use it till it failed. It will probably last a long time now with new cortical components installed.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I got my DAC back from repairs today. I forget how good my digital sounds. Especially with POP type music. I was playing a bit of that today and really enjoying it.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
So, I have had my Updated Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC running for a few days straight. My wife keeps saying the stereo sounds real good. Today I had an audiophile/dealer friend here helping me with my wire. He's a big vinyl guy. At the end of our session I put on a record that is well recorded. Got it from Gary Koh. The Qobuz copy I found is very similar. I played both. Erik was surprised how similar the two were. I don't know you could reliably tell them apart. I'm really liking this DAC.

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
So, I have had my Updated Mojo Audio Mystique V3 DAC running for a few days straight. My wife keeps saying the stereo sounds real good. Today I had an audiophile/dealer friend here helping me with my wire. He's a big vinyl guy. At the end of our session I put on a record that is well recorded. Got it from Gary Koh. The Qobuz copy I found is very similar. I played both. Erik was surprised how similar the two were. I don't know you could reliably tell them apart. I'm really liking this DAC.
Which record? Thanks!

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Reactions: Rexp

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Mojo Audio is PCM 24x192 only.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing