Valentines Day 2015 : I'm marking this date!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Using saved up allowance, my daughter bought her first LP! :D

"How do I hold it Dad?"

Priceless!!!!!!!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As you upgrade your personal system, the excess components will fit nicely in your daughter's listening room :)
zz.

Heck, I would be waiting in that line myself if that were the case ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Using saved up allowance, my daughter bought her first LP! :D

"How do I hold it Dad?"

Priceless!!!!!!!

So cute, Jack. You're anti-static inner sleeves will be dwindling. :D

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
What LP did she buy Jack?

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hey nice one mate! Cheers to the daughters!

I just got my one her first smart phone; HTC with 16GB, overly excited...
Look after them, and teach them the world of music and women's rugby!
Cheers, RJ

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Heck, I would be waiting in that line myself if that were the case ;)

Hi Papa Jack!

Happy Valentines Day!

Feel free to send me my near gear right away.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Jack. A special day indeed. Makes papa bear a proud man. ;)

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks guys! The last few months we've been hanging out at table after supper playing the "have you heard this song?" game with our phones. The girl has taste. I was surprised that while I hardly play Alternative in their presence she was dropping some of my favorite bands on me like Snow Patrol and Angels and Airwaves. Stuff not wha I would have expected from a 15 year old. :D

Her first LP is Sam Smith's album. When we left later in the day I opened the glove compartment of my car and we had a good laugh. I had the jewel case of the same album in there. She BEAT me to the LP! LOL! Actually I wasn't thinking of buying the vinyl at all but who cares right? :D

The thing I love is that her taste in music is very eclectic. Go girl! Maybe I won't give you an Air Force table but I've got a nice Rega P5 ready to go. Maybe I'll throw in the optional power supply just so Daddy's girl doesn't have to go removing platters and fiddling with pulleys. I feel so lucky. One daughter is into music and yesterday I played Golf with my 13 year old daughter who missed only one fairway. Last night I got a shock when I saw my 7 year old boy playing Sudoku like it was nothing. WTF!

As for my wife, I thank my lucky stars everyday. How many would even allow their husbands to get so deep into a hobby like ours? One that said "cool!" just last week upon hearing of my decision to carry yet another line from a country that had its currency shoot up 20% overnight. :D

Life is good!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing