Lumin A1 Network Player

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I just bought the Lumin A1 and have been playing it for a few days. It replaces a Naim Unitiserve and the DACs on a MCD500 cd/sacd player. It plays DSD files whereas the Naim did not. Not inexpensive but great sounding DACs...DSDs are impressive but it also does a remarkable job on 44.1 FLAC files.

http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-a1.html

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Congratulations! It's a great piece. Glad you are loving it.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congratulations on the new front end Gavin :) Does it have internal or external storage?

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Some internal but operates with a 6TB Synology NAS drive. The Naim had some operating issues..drop outs etc...but the Lumin seems bullet proof so far. Dare I say it rivals my analog front end?

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I have Yellow Brick Road DSD and the acoustic version of Candle in the Wind may be the best sonics I've ever heard here in my diminutive room or elsewhere..

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
Great products, but I have 2 questions:

- Can I use the LUMIN if I do not have a WIRED ethernet connection in the listening room to connect to the iPAD app.

- is TIDAL or QOBUZ integrated now in the Lumin App to do HiFi streaming ?

thanks

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Ethernet connection reqd. Tidal can be streamed via Lumin..

budda

Mar 29, 2013
Norway
Shame one you.Now I had to get one as well :b

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
Great products, but I have 2 questions:

- Can I use the LUMIN if I do not have a WIRED ethernet connection in the listening room to connect to the iPAD app.

- is TIDAL or QOBUZ integrated now in the Lumin App to do HiFi streaming ?

thanks

Lumin must be hard wired to your network but the Ipad works wireless...
You almost need one ethernet entry point to connect your streamer and NAS. But it also could be resolved through airport express as the Lumin has sufficient buffer memory to handle wireless communication issues...

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Lumin must be hard wired to your network but the Ipad works wireless...
You almost need one ethernet entry point to connect your streamer and NAS. But it also could be resolved through airport express as the Lumin has sufficient buffer memory to handle wireless communication issues...

Wireless not the best connection. Do it right, don't do it half ass.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing