which speaker for gryphon diablo

maslak34

Question for Diablo owners.

I recently bought gryphon Diablo

Rest of the system is gryphon Mikado (not signature)

Af2 turntable (upcoming) techdas tdci cartridge(upcoming) phasemation phono stage (upcoming)

Cables all acoustic revive triple c

Current speaker verity audio Parsifal.

Potential speakers to try

B&w 800 n

Gryphon pantheon

Yg acoustics hailey

Open to hear your suggestion

My room size is big. 8meters wide.. 10 meters deep and 3meters high

Reactions: bmarq

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Fantastic room and nice electronics. I have spent a little time with B&W, YG Anat Ref IIs, but not the others. My personal favorites are the Rockports and the Wilsons...you can easily drive either with your electronics. (The one exception is the Rockport Arrakis which is ideally driven by at least 2 sets of Gryphon monos. Most setups i see use 3 sets of Gryphon monos.).

I have heard good things about the Pantheon...in a room as big as yours, you could comfortably fit a big Alexandria or Altair + dual subs.

maslak34

I have had several experiences with high end speakers. Yg anats, magicos, to name a few

My biggest concern is b&w requires a lot of power( Diablo has but is it enough?)

Pantheon I listened in Munich 2014 and also at the local dealer with antileon sigs pandorra and kalliope

Yg Hailey not yet heard

Pantheon is great but whether Diablo can drive it is a question mark other no contest.

Wilsons always have been not my fav speakers

Rockports though are real contenders...

Time to do more research on rockports

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My own personal viewpoint is that your Diablos probably can drive the B&Ws. Yes, a big fan of Rockports and the natural synergy between gryphon and Rockport is not only well known, as you no doubt know, Andy Payor himself has Gryphon electronics throughout his studios in Maine. He also uses VTL and used to use CJ as well...but Gryphon is a well documented piece of his studio system. As are Transparent Audio cables which are used inside his speakers.

Good luck...you've got a great ride ahead of you! Enjoy it.

Luiz Felipe

Jan 30, 2014
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Don't Concern, Diablo is more than you need for BW 800N requests, but this speaker is very far of Pantheon Speakers. They are in absolutely different levels, so I can't figure about compare both. Pantheon will be very better in absolutely all aspects. If you can, go for pantheon.

In my opinion, replace a Verity parsinfal to a bw 800N should be a downgrade, not an upgrade. Several speakers you inform have very different price levels, if you inform where you live and what budget you have for it should be easier to help you.

Pantheon reach 25hz. For your big room it will fit perfectly. I have no experience with YG. Just listened in Shows, not with Diablo.

I have had several experiences with high end speakers. Yg anats, magicos, to name a few

My biggest concern is b&w requires a lot of power( Diablo has but is it enough?)

Pantheon I listened in Munich 2014 and also at the local dealer with antileon sigs pandorra and kalliope

Yg Hailey not yet heard

Pantheon is great but whether Diablo can drive it is a question mark other no contest.

Wilsons always have been not my fav speakers

Rockports though are real contenders...

Time to do more research on rockports

david.m

Jan 15, 2014
Sydney, Australia
IMO B&W's are not up with the rest of your system. I owned 802D's for several years and spent several hours with 801Diamonds before I went with the Avior's, the Rockport's are most certainly at another level in every respect. Unfortunately I've no experience with the other speakers mentioned.

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Would anyone who has listened to the Pantheon be prepared to make a few more detailed comments please.

maslak34

Question for Diablo owners.

I recently bought gryphon Diablo

Rest of the system is gryphon Mikado (not signature)

Af2 turntable (upcoming) techdas tdci cartridge(upcoming) phasemation phono stage (upcoming)

Cables all acoustic revive triple c

Current speaker verity audio Parsifal.

Potential speakers to try

B&w 800 n

Gryphon pantheon

Yg acoustics hailey

Open to hear your suggestion

My room size is big. 8meters wide.. 10 meters deep and 3meters high

Any experience with verity sarastro and Diablo? Anyone

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing