Malaysia
Have the LP . Sounded great . Will buy if available in reel to reel

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Larry,

I'm interested in CCIR.
Any chance of 1/2", half-track, 30 ips/AES?
Let me know....

Hi Sam, thanks. I'll ask Todd about the 1/2 30ips format. Larry

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Have the LP . Sounded great . Will buy if available in reel to reel

Thanks. I think we are up to 7 or 8. I'll let Todd know the progress. Larry

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I emailed Todd with the update. He sounds pleased. Len Horowitz, the engineer that would do the tape dubbing is currently ill. So Todd is waiting. Larry

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I emailed Todd with the update. He sounds pleased. Len Horowitz, the engineer that would do the tape dubbing is currently ill. So Todd is waiting. Larry

Who is Len Horowitz? Would love to see his studio and dubbing equipment. Must be good if Todd uses him.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Let us know when they're ready to go.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Looks like about 10 copies (plus or minus 1). I've let Todd know and he was pleasantly surprised. I think we have a good chance to make this happen. However, his tape guy, Len Horowitz, has been ill and Todd is waiting on his recovery. You can google Len and see his many album credits over the years. He has a studio in LA. Right now, unless we get more interest, the ball is in Todd's court.

Larry

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
and your point is?

People like to know the credits on a disc, tape, download or LP. What venue was it, what mics were used, who was the recording/mix/mastering engineer, who are the musicians? The biggest thrill most people have is reading the liner notes on a LP. There is a big push by the Grammy Association to make sure folks get credited for their work, especially downloads.
Unless a download comes with a .pdf file, you don't know anything about the recording, mixing or mastering.
That's my point. Is there a problem?

Last edited:

Tom B.

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
That actually raises an interesting point; the engineer, transfer process and signal chain often are transparent to the end-user. I'd prefer if every new issue, whether it be tape or digital download, contained at least some technical discussion, and credits, where appropriate.

Tom

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
People like to know the credits on a disc, tape, download or LP. What venue was it, what mics were used, who was the recording/mix/mastering engineer, who are the musicians? The biggest thrill most people have is reading the liner notes on a LP. There is a big push by the Grammy Association to make sure folks get credited for their work, especially downloads.
Unless a download comes with a .pdf file, you don't know anything about the recording, mixing or mastering.
That's my point. Is there a problem?

no just uncertain what you meant...
good point
like the enclosed relevant info with some of the masters for same reason
little booklet or info sheet is appreciated....reminds me of some of the posters that were enclosed with some Lp s in the "old days" :D
best
Leif

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing