VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Nothing recent. I'll send Todd an email. Larry

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Todd emailed back that he will follow up with Len on the tape. Still very interested in doing it. I received a PM from someone who also talked to Todd about the tape and he confirmed that Todd is interested. Todd is off to Europe for some recording sessions and will return in mid April. Larry

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
sry..don´t mean to be a nuisance, but my experience is that if I really want something done, I´ll set my teeth into it.....;)
best
Leif

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
sry..don´t mean to be a nuisance, but my experience is that if I really want something done, I´ll set my teeth into it.....;)
best
Leif

Maybe Todd will be going somewhere near Oslo - so you can literally take a bite! :)

Larry

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
I no longer own a reel deck, but I'd be interested in an SACD copy of the analog tape if possible. I know it's available as a DVD-A, but I'd rather play it back on my Esoteric deck than on my Oppo.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'll send Todd another message to see whether anything is happening. Right now we are focussing on the R2R issue. If we can get that resolved, then other formats may be possible. What we are looking at is the analogue version of the recording he did. There was a parallel digital recording which resulted in a digital release. I won't be home until Thursday, so can't read the back of the record cover for the details.

Larry

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Got a message back from Todd. He will continue to bug Len about the tape issue. Larry

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
He does have quite a number of different digital formats. There were two recording systems run in parallel with different mics and he's given me high-rez versions from both systems. So, I'm sure that he'll sell the high-rez downloads/DVD-ROMs.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
He does have quite a number of different digital formats. There were two recording systems run in parallel with different mics and he's given me high-rez versions from both systems. So, I'm sure that he'll sell the high-rez downloads/DVD-ROMs.
Hi Gary, this one, the Goldberg Variations album, was released from both an analogue recording and a digital. I have been talking with Todd to do the tape from the analogue master. I think you have the vinyl which was from the analogue.

Larry

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Gary, this one, the Goldberg Variations album, was released from both an analogue recording and a digital. I have been talking with Todd to do the tape from the analogue master. I think you have the vinyl which was from the analogue.

Larry

Yes, i have this on CD...I believe we are referring to Ito Ema Goldberg Variations? Very nice CD. Beautiful sound.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Actually, I looked...... and I have the following in my server:

16/44.1 - from the digital recording
16/44.1, 24/88.2 and 24/176.4 from the analogue master

He sells the digital version of the analogue master as a CD-ROM and as a DVD-ROM on his website. I think that he makes the CD-ROM on the Plextor Premium-II (or Yamaha CRW-F1 that I gave him) with Audio Master Recording Mode. That would be the best sounding version for those without a music server.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Great news. I just heard from Todd that he and Len Feldman are scheduled to make the 1/2" 30ips dub tomorrow (Tuesday, it is Monday morning here in London). All of Len's tape recorders are EQed for NAB, so the tapes will be NAB. They may have some copies (15ips 2 tracks, 2 reels to fit the album) available at the Newport show this weekend. Unfortunately I will have to wait. Price to be determined.

Larry

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Great news. I just heard from Todd that he and Len Feldman are scheduled to make the 1/2" 30ips dub tomorrow (Tuesday, it is Monday morning here in London). All of Len's tape recorders are EQed for NAB, so the tapes will be NAB. They may have some copies (15ips 2 tracks, 2 reels to fit the album) available at the Newport show this weekend. Unfortunately I will have to wait. Price to be determined.

Larry

Larry,

Do you know which room at THE Show? Would it be possible to reserve a tape?
Thanks.

Happy Memorial Day! :cool:

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area

Larry,

Do you know which room at THE Show? Would it be possible to reserve a tape?
Thanks.

Happy Memorial Day! :cool:

Sam, I don't. I'll email Todd to find out. In his last email, Todd said he was trying to get a supply of blank tapes. I'll post when I know more.

Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing