Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
Just downloaded the sample:
View attachment 77650
I preordered this one awhile back as it looked interesting @carl13 . I was just emailed notification that it's waiting for me in my Kindle now. Just have to finish up a 3 book history of the WW2 Pacific campaign I'm in the midst of.

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
I preordered this one awhile back as it looked interesting @carl13 . I was just emailed notification that it's waiting for me in my Kindle now. Just have to finish up a 3 book history of the WW2 Pacific campaign I'm in the midst of.
The sample was good enough that I paid to download the rest to my iPad.

What are the WW2 Pacific campaign history books you're reading?

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
The sample was good enough that I paid to download the rest to my iPad.

What are the WW2 Pacific campaign history books you're reading?
The author is Ian W. Toll and the three books in order are: Pacific Crucible, The Conquering Tide, and Twilight of the Gods: War in the Western Pacific, 1944-1945. This trilogy was repeatedly mentioned in a fantastic historical account of the Battle of Midway which I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend by Kevin Miller: The Silver Waterfall: A Novel of the Battle of Midway. If the subject matter is of interest, I would start with The Silver Waterfall and then go from there.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
859F2A0B-C514-4AFA-A267-A44F1B384CF5.png I
I learned about / discovered an Oregon Pinot Noir unlike anything I had tasted before. Pedro Parra consulted that winery, the only one in Oregon he’s done. He has consulted globally, and you can be sure wines coming from tiny producers where he’s has a hand will be an exploration of terrior in the bottle and on the palette .

Reactions: drrsutliff and pjwd

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
It took Dostoevsky two years to write it. The Brothers Karamazov is a great philosophical novel analysing subjects which even today are considered controversial including God, free will, and morality.

1620817981534.jpeg

Reactions: Andrew S.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
It took Dostoevsky two years to write it. The Brothers Karamazov is a great philosophical novel analysing subjects which even today are considered controversial including God, free will, and morality.

View attachment 77865
Excellent, thanks for reminding me to revisit Dostoevsky.

Reactions: Andrew S.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
In my opinion, The Brothers Karamazov is much more difficult than The Idiot or Crime and Punishment. It is not a fast-pace book, so you need to save some patience for it. But it is definitely intellectually stimulating.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing