Wilson Sasha got Stolen

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Hi,

On new years 2015 my Wilson Sasha speakers in Argento Silver got stolen, along with everything i owned.
The serial numbers are 001 and 002.

Keep an eye out for me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Terrible news. That is one disadvantage of smaller Wilson speakers. I would like to see crooks rip of my 650lb. Per channel X-2.2's....

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Sorry to hear that. I hope that they will reappear sooner or later on the used market. 001 and 002 serial #s are easy to remember.

I'm surprised that someone stole hifi equipment. I got a friend whos house was robbed when he was on holidays, and nothing from his hifi was stolen. He has a $300.000+ system. His dedicated listening room, which is in his basement (has no windows), was used as a place to cut open his safe. The thievs literally used drills and some other cutters to open the safe a few feet from his speakers !

They did break the safe eventyally, but took cash only (half a million USD).

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sorry to hear that. I hope that they will reappear sooner or later on the used market. 001 and 002 serial #s are easy to remember.

I'm surprised that someone stole hifi equipment. I got a friend whos house was robbed when he was on holidays, and nothing from his hifi was stolen. He has a $300.000+ system. His dedicated listening room, which is in his basement (has no windows), was used as a place to cut open his safe. The thiews literally used drills and some other cutters to open the safe a few feet from his speakers !

They did break the safe eventyally, but took cash only (half a million USD).

Easier to carry $500,000 USD than an over $300,000 sound system

Vette

Feb 2, 2014
Better get a security system with wireless motion detectors and battery back-up power.

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Thank you all

I already have a replacement (X-2.2) on its way and should be installed next week.
I consider it a treat after what we have been through

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you all

I already have a replacement (X-2.2) on its way and should be installed next week.
I consider it a treat after what we have been through

Fantastic replacement!!!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Silver lining...great to hear...killer good speakers

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I feel your pain Sonus. My Sashas ( in candy apple red) were stolen when we moved to Portland a year ago. The scoundrels actually took them to the dealer to potentially audition them to a prospective buyer. Cops could do nothing unless caught, originally, red handed. Possesion of stolen property! Ha, the district atty wouldn't even suggest arrest as defense atty would only have to say they were bought at a flea market. They just let insurance take care of it all.

I strongly encourage all to catelog your gear, take lots of pictures, and if you have the receipts, keep them. Then make sure your insurance policy will cover.

I did replace with Alexias.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
That is terrible. I hope I don't live in your neighborhood. To be honest, when I come home the first thing I do is make sure the stereo is here.

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Let the healing process begin

Crates1.jpg

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
The X2's should sooth over your loss very nicely. They are great speakers.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
...now if these get stolen...do you get WAMMs? ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
...now if these get stolen...do you get WAMMs? ;)

I apologize...actually, getting anything stolen is pretty traumatic. i genuinely did not mean to make light of that. Enjoy your mighty X2s!!!

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I'm curious - did you find out how they were stolen and make necessary security changes? I would hate for you to have to go through this scenario again.

I'd be a little scared to buy replacements immediately until I knew they would be safe and secure.

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I have 1080P HD cameras all over, a new 3G battery backup monitored 24/7 security system, on top of that i signed up for a private security company patrolling the area and visiting my house few times a day and (always the best part for last) a big mean dog outside.

I sure hope this will stop them from coming after me again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing