Apple iWatch Coming April 2015

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Battery replacement is confirmed.

None of the issues you naysayers are making are yet to dissuade me.

I'm with Steve here though not sure I'm buying yet. But, I get tired of always hearing what everything is not or lacks:

No disk drive
New connector (as an aside I have come to hate all connectors I have to orient and don't have a positive click or other indication of connection solidity)
No physical keyboard, will never sell
Not waterproof (sucks cause I can't immerse it)
Requires an iPhone (since they haven't miniaturized everything yet so it can fit in a watch-sized piece, they shouldn't come out with it yet)
For the cost of an iPad, might as well get a laptop. You can do work on those.
Doesn't fly
Etc

Why the reflexive negativity and focus on what isn't? Let's all give at a spin at the store or wherever and see. And as for Scarlett Johanssen, there's an app for that:)

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I happen to like Patek A LOT myself; that one is just a beautiful work of art.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am an Apple addict but on this one, I'll stick to my old school chronograph:

View attachment 19366

That is beautiful. I have a small watch collection most of which I rarely ever wear. The world is changing and the new iWatch for me brings closer to it in so many ways other than just knowing the time and date. BTW why does your Patek show the month as October.? Something is wrong with that complication ;) It even shows the wrong date

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
That is beautiful. I have a small watch collection most of which I rarely ever wear. The world is changing and the new iWatch for me brings closer to it in so many ways other than just knowing the time and date....

But how much overlap is there between the iWatch and iPhone in terms of functionality?
I am sure those buying the iWatch are those that already own iPhone, where both are always with the owner in same situations due to the fact iWatch is not waterproof/etc.
Furthermore iPhone has greater battery life I assume for online related functionality.

Just curious what those who are considering the iWatch and own iPhone think on that situation.
Cheers
Orb

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Tried to stay up until after midnight last night to get in early on the pre-order but such was not the case :) as I was sawing logs by then. My son however was up and the Apple Store server was overloaded and by the time he was able to get in at 0015 hours and order he was given a delivery date of June rather than end of April or early May. I did get up early and was able to easily log into the Apple Store this morning and order my watch however my delivery date was given as July.

Apple stock today is up only $0.12

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
A Navy Seal walks into a bar and takes a seat next to a very attractive woman.

He gives her a quick glance then casually looks at his new Apple watch for a moment.

The woman notices this and asks, "Is your date running late?"

No," he replies, " just got this state-of-the-art Apple iWatch, and I was just testing it."

The intrigued woman says, "A state-of-the-art watch? What's so special about it?"

He says, "It uses alpha waves to talk to me telepathically."

The lady says, "What's it telling you now?"

"Well, it says you're not wearing any panties."

The woman giggles and replies, "Well it must be broken because I am wearing panties!"

The Navy man smirks, taps his watch and says, "Darn thing's an hour fast."

And that, my friends.......is Confidence!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm borrowing that one! LOLOLOL!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The watch is an amazing piece of technology.

Dick Tracey's watch has arrived and been improved upon but I won't be buying one because I really don't like or want to be well connected. I never sent a text message in my life and don't plan to. People know to call me, not to text me because they won't get a reply to a text and I certainly don't need immediate access to my email.

I'm very happy with my mil spec Motorola flip phone for personal calls and I don't even have it with me very often. When I do have it, I never keep it on the table waiting for a call or text like so many people these days. If I'm out doing something, what I'm doing has my attention--not my phone. My office emergency phone is the only way to reach me in an emergency and luckily I get very few of those calls.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
my son just got one of these last night, and was walking around today using it. he left his Rolex I gave him at home this morning.

he is an I.T. guy and major techie, so for him it just fits into how he does things. he calls with it and uses the map when he's on his bike, his phone stays in his back pocket. he has all his phone apps now on the watch. pretty cool I guess.

but it's not for me.

whatsbest

Apr 9, 2015
my son just got one of these last night, and was walking around today using it. he left his Rolex I gave him at home this morning.

he is an I.T. guy and major techie, so for him it just fits into how he does things. he calls with it and uses the map when he's on his bike, his phone stays in his back pocket. he has all his phone apps now on the watch. pretty cool I guess.

but it's not for me.

Thats awesome! I would like to see if its the "something new bug" for people or is it really that cool. I am not the kind of person who would give up the elegance, style and the role a real "watch" plays in our get up and dressing. So not yet open to give away my Tag to some geeky gadget to replace :) Lets wait and see if we need such a thing in our life yet. I would rather prefer a fit bit because it does not "replace" the watch. Anyways excited to see the way technology and gadgets are moving..

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
:d
the watch is an amazing piece of technology.

Dick tracey's watch has arrived and been improved upon but i won't be buying one because i really don't like or want to be well connected. I never sent a text message in my life and don't plan to. People know to call me, not to text me because they won't get a reply to a text and i certainly don't need immediate access to my email.

I'm very happy with my mil spec motorola flip phone for personal calls and i don't even have it with me very often. When i do have it, i never keep it on the table waiting for a call or text like so many people these days. If i'm out doing something, what i'm doing has my attention--not my phone. My office emergency phone is the only way to reach me in an emergency and luckily i get very few of those calls.
http://nwps.ws/pub/forum-gifs/conan-rofl.gif

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing