Better Call Saul

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
be interesting if this is a hit.

been plowing through the Americans- very good, but not amazing show through the first season.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
be interesting if this is a hit.

been plowing through the Americans- very good, but not amazing show through the first season.

My wife and I gave up on The Americans after about 5 of 6 episodes. One episode he's mad and wants to dump his wife, the next episode she's mad and wants to dump him, etc. Could not believe the characters.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
my qualm with the Americans is its fairly linear. You pretty much know whats going to happen. I think the acting is excellent. I've heard Season 2 is much better.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I watched the first two episodes of the series and I am still somewhat underwhelmed. The story takes place several years before the start of Breaking Bad and lays the foundation for Saul (although this is still not his name yet). Several of the characters from Breaking Bad have already made it to the story as I am sure most of the others will as well. Hopefully Jesse and Walt White will make appearances as well.

Suffice it to say that even with the writing and directing of Vince Gilligan the creator of Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul has yet to rise to that level. I'll give it a few more episodes

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Breaking Bad was so slow for the first few episodes when it started. Then it got steadily better.

Hopefully this will follow similar plot build up.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
I watched the first two episodes of the series and I am still somewhat underwhelmed. The story takes place several years before the start of Breaking Bad and lays the foundation for Saul (although this is still not his name yet). Several of the characters from Breaking Bad have already made it to the story as I am sure most of the others will as well. Hopefully Jesse and Walt White will make appearances as well.

Suffice it to say that even with the writing and directing of Vince Gilligan the creator of Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul has yet to rise to that level. I'll give it a few more episodes

I thought the black and white part in the beginning of the first episode was from after his Breaking Bad days. He started to think back when he watched the video tape with his commercials.
I must say, i didn't like it a bit.

BobM

Feb 5, 2014
Long Island, NY
I just caught up on Breaking Bad to where Saul enters the picture. Got to say, he is a lively character, and probably exactly what the duo need in their venture.

The Americans gets better with time, though the current season is starting off slow.

GT Audio Works

Industry Expert
Feb 12, 2015
Stockholm NJ
www.gtaudioworks.com
I thought it was pretty funny that Saul's prediction in Breaking Bad came true. After it was all over he would probably be working at a Cinnabon in Omaha.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought it was pretty funny that Saul's prediction in Breaking Bad came true. After it was all over he would probably be working at a Cinnabon in Omaha.

now that is real memory. I totally forgot that.

It'll be interesting to see how that all ends

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Saw the second episode today. Way better than the first episode I thought. I hope he will change his mind and work together with the Mexican to get that money.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing