Ansuz

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
How many have auditioned these cables and what's the feedback?

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
I've twice auditioned the Ansuz Diamond cables with the Raidho D3's and I thought the sound quality was quite wonderful. However, I know several Raidho owners who have opted for Kimber Select cables as they have found they deliver comparable performance and better build quality at a much lower price. I am in the process of completing my Kimber Select cabling for my D3's so I'll report back when they're all in place. As always, YMMV.

Ken

Last edited:

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
I am using the D Power Distributor with a Ceramic power cable. All my system is connected to it. I also use a Ceramic power cable for my phono stage. These are the best power cables I have tested in my system so far.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thanks. What are the other cables or distributors you had or compared

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I've twice auditioned the Ansuz Diamond cables with the Raidho D3's and I thought the sound quality was quite wonderful. However, I know several Raidho owners who have opted for Kimber Select cables as they have found they deliver comparable performance and better build quality at a much lower price. I am in the process of completing my Kimber Select cabling for my D3's so I'll report back when they're all in place. As always, YMMV.

Ken

Kimber select are the speaker cable right? Are you using copper or silver? Also have you tried the kimber k10 Palladium

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Thanks. What are the other cables or distributors you had or compared

Power distributors:

Gigawatt (passive and active)
Transparent Audio
PS Audio

Power cables:

Argento Flow
Stealth V10
Gigawatt
Wireworld Platinum

I have a dedicated line (230 V - 2 X 20a).

The Ansuz D power distributor includes a star gounding configuration. I used to have my mono power amps directly hooked to dedicated power outlets. My audio dealer pushed me to try connecting all my gear including the power amps to the Ansuz power distributor and this brought some tangible results.

The biggest improvement was however the addition of the Ceramic power cable to my phono stage. It was staggering.

I might be tempted to go for a full loom of Ansuz cables in the future but I want to have my room treatment (by SMT) finalised first.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Power distributors:

Gigawatt (passive and active)
Transparent Audio
PS Audio

Power cables:

Argento Flow
Stealth V10
Gigawatt
Wireworld Platinum

I have a dedicated line (230 V - 2 X 20a).

The Ansuz D power distributor includes a star gounding configuration. I used to have my mono power amps directly hooked to dedicated power outlets. My audio dealer pushed me to try connecting all my gear including the power amps to the Ansuz power distributor and this brought some tangible results.

The biggest improvement was however the addition of the Ceramic power cable to my phono stage. It was staggering.

I might be tempted to go for a full loom of Ansuz cables in the future but I want to have my room treatment (by SMT) finalised first.

Hi DCC...very interesting. Did you use the Gigawatt power conditioners before? I used to own Transparent, and have auditioned PS Audio, Nordost Thor. I now use Burmester 948 which i absolutely enjoy now. I have a friend who went from Nordost Thor and almost the same time i went to Burmester, he went to Gigawatt and now is also super-happy. Just curious as to any impressions you have about Gigawatt which i have read is amazingly good.

Last edited:

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Kimber select are the speaker cable right? Are you using copper or silver? Also have you tried the kimber k10 Palladium

Hi Bonzo,

Kimber Select all-copper for the interconnects (KS-1116) and the speaker cables (KS-6063). These are serious cables, very neutral throughout the frequency range, which is very beneficial limiting excessive mid-bass on the Raidho D3.

Ken

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Bonzo,

Kimber Select all-copper for the interconnects (KS-1116) and the speaker cables (KS-6063). These are serious cables, very neutral throughout the frequency range, which is very beneficial limiting excessive mid-bass on the Raidho D3.

Ken

Ken, have you tried the K10. Palladium power cord?

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Ken, have you tried the K10. Palladium power cord?

No, for power I use Audience AR6-TSS power conditioner and AU24SE power cords. But I have heard positive things about the Kimber power cords from several people who own them. They are a terrific value.

Ken

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Hi DCC...very interesting. Did you use the Gigawatt power conditioners before? I used to own Transparent, and have auditioned PS Audio, Nordost Thor. I now use Burmester 948 which i absolutely enjoy now. I have a friend who went from Nordost Thor and almost the same time i went to Burmester, he went to Gigawatt and now is also super-happy. Just curious as to any impressions you have about Gigawatt which i have read is amazingly good.

I have had a Gigawatt passive power distributor in my system for several years. The Transparent Audio power distributor was sleeping in a cupboard. My brother has a Gigawatt power conditioner and brought it to my place. The addition of the Gigawatt power conditioner did not yield any material improvement. I guess this is due to the fact that I have a dedicated line whereas the power conditioner is a must at my brother's place. I have a friend on this forum, Flyer, who could not part with his Gigawatt power conditioner as well.

The Gigawatt passive power distributor, though a great product, is not in the same league as the Ansuz.

I had the Ansuz D Power Distributor for two consecutive trial periods of one week each. During the fist trial, I connected all my component sources and the preamp. The improvements were already substantial. For the second trial, I also hooked the power amps. The improvements were even higher, hence my move to acquire the D Power Distributor and two C power cables (one for the Power Distributor and one for my phono stage). Ansuz products are not cheap but they are bringing tangible benefits (at least in my system).

L1010501.jpg

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks DCC...nice photo as well!

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
I have heard from several Raidho owners that I know that the Ansuz Mainz 8D Power Distributor, combined with the Sparkz or Sparkztc sound enhancers, is one of the lowest noise (measured) and best sounding power conditioners on the market. I think Ansuz's power products are their best items, they really nailed it.

Ken

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I have had a Gigawatt passive power distributor in my system for several years. The Transparent Audio power distributor was sleeping in a cupboard. My brother has a Gigawatt power conditioner and brought it to my place. The addition of the Gigawatt power conditioner did not yield any material improvement. I guess this is due to the fact that I have a dedicated line whereas the power conditioner is a must at my brother's place. I have a friend on this forum, Flyer, who could not part with his Gigawatt power conditioner as well.

The Gigawatt passive power distributor, though a great product, is not in the same league as the Ansuz.

I had the Ansuz D Power Distributor for two consecutive trial periods of one week each. During the fist trial, I connected all my component sources and the preamp. The improvements were already substantial. For the second trial, I also hooked the power amps. The improvements were even higher, hence my move to acquire the D Power Distributor and two C power cables (one for the Power Distributor and one for my phono stage). Ansuz products are not cheap but they are bringing tangible benefits (at least in my system).

View attachment 19405

I upgraded from the Nordost Thor to the Gigawatt Evo 4 , with DC blocker option . Absolutely thrilled at the supreme system foundation it provides , helping major gains in system performance . The previous models were transformer based , something the current crop have done away with . Very interested in knowing which model you compared to the Ansuz ? Happy Listening

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
I upgraded from the Nordost Thor to the Gigawatt Evo 4 , with DC blocker option . Absolutely thrilled at the supreme system foundation it provides , helping major gains in system performance . The previous models were transformer based , something the current crop have done away with . Very interested in knowing which model you compared to the Ansuz ? Happy Listening

The PC Evo 3. My brother bought it some 2 years ago so I reckon it does not have the DC blocker option. On my brother's system the Gigawatt is a must. On my system it did not bring any tangible improvement whereas there was one with the Ansuz. I don't want to draw any conclusion as I believe this is heavily system dependent hence the importance of getting these components on trial. In that respect, my brick and mortar audio retailer is very helpful.

Gigawatt are great products. My son is very happy with the power distributor I gave him. I am using two of their power cables for my computer audio (Aurender and Bel Canto). They are reasonably priced and of excellent quality.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi why is it a must in your brother's system, did his power have a specific problem before

Odyssey

Mar 15, 2015
I have heard from several Raidho owners that I know that the Ansuz Mainz 8D Power Distributor, combined with the Sparkz or Sparkztc sound enhancers, is one of the lowest noise (measured) and best sounding power conditioners on the market. I think Ansuz's power products are their best items, they really nailed it.

Ken

There is supposed to be a review of the Ansuz cable line in an upcoming issue of TAS.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing