Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Entreq USB Cable Exposed.

Unhappy Entreq USB Cable Exposed.

Entreq is no different from a standard retail cable. A guy here in Denmark opened a very expensive Entreq USB cable and what do you know; It was a standard retail USB 2.0 cable inside the fancy sock. I donīt have to tell you how angry he became. Entreq`s answer was that they never had any dissatisfied customers, but did not answer why they cheat, pretty much like a politician after an election. So now you know.

http://nerds.dk/board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8393

Itīs pictures from a danish HiFi forum.
    Last edited by sild; 02-02-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Banned
    You got my interest! . I read the first page and saw the pictures there but something must be lost in translation. I don't see any decent pictures of the cable inside that is supposed to be a standard cheap retail one. Did they post a picture of it elsewhere that shows it to be garden variety cable underneath the sheathing?

I heard from a reliable source that Entreq uses sand in (some of) their grounding devices. I am not able to check this as I am not using any Entreq products. But if this is true, it does not sound very assuring to me.

Member Sponsor [VIP/Donor] GaryProtein's Avatar
    How about opening one of their units and when the sand is seen, make a class action suit against them for fraud or whatever legal tenet applies.

If that's true, they are charging a hell of a lot for a wooden box full of sand.

There are few things I like less than fraudulent tweaking companies.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MCD500, MR78, MPI4, MC602 (2), Accuphase DG58, Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, MEN220, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-Ruby, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
    How about opening one of their units and when the sand is seen, make a class action suit against them for fraud or whatever legal tenet applies.

If that's true, they are charging a hell of a lot for a wooden box full of sand.

There are few things I like less than fraudulent tweaking companies.
    See post 916 on the entreq thread.

I also refer to this video link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T8uGTOfmQjo
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 02-02-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Addicted to Best!
    As I mentioned in the other thread in more detail, sand is not just plain sand......
    BTW I am not an owner and do appreciate that the grounding box (not really grounding per se in the context of chassis ground) would not look anything special inside but that does not mean it is not working (or that other solutions could be made to do the same technical/reference ground-plane).

Cheers
    Orb

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread in more detail, sand is not just plain sand......
    BTW I am not an owner and do appreciate that the grounding box (not really grounding per se in the context of chassis ground) would not look anything special inside but that does not mean it is not working (or that other solutions could be made to do the same technical/reference ground-plane).

Cheers
    Orb
    Agreed. I do not own any grounding product and do not plan to for the next 3 - 5 years, when I will start investigating them. But I don't understand why people need to see complex circuitry to see a thing works. That's like saying Acoustic absorbers are made of foo. Certain types of wood sound better on components, as well as when they are used to make violins and cellos. A grounding rod that goes into earth is, after all, a rod that goes into mud

When you go to nerds.dk you just have to click the pictures
    Last edited by sild; 02-02-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sild View Post
    When you go to nerds.dk you just have to click the pictures and perhaps slide sideways and up and down.
    I think this thread is ridiculous. The title is ridiculous and not respectful!!!
    The assumption is which Entreq uses COTS product for its own USB cable.
    Every item in our hobby is more or less overvalued than the cost of the material.
    The speakers that I have and I love it costs for material only one thirtieth of the retails cost . And each of us can build them with the same components.
    I am owner of Entreq grounding boxes and into my system they are truly effective.
    So, if someone think which a wood box with simple sand (assuming that this is true) it is a fraud (and I do not understand why has to be...), he has to not take in consideration Entreq and build its own grounding box.
    Last edited by caliaripaolo; 02-02-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast