Tripoint emperor : a breakthrough

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I don't think the Emperor is made anymore, but it was the most expense piece and was among the grounding units along with the Troy Signature. Then there were the AC filtering units and now the speaker filters with only the Empress.

Norm

Thanks Norm

I am finally starting to understand the line

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Rudolph

Just so I know the pecking order, is the Empress the new top of the line or does that honor still go to the Emperor

Hello Steve,

The emperor devices are no longer produced due to their labour intensity and the high costs involved. From the emperor two modules exist: the emperor 'ground' and the emperor ac. The emperor is Miguels top of the line product as far as grounding and ac is concerned. Now that the emperor is no longer produced, the prince 'ground' and ac are the current top of the line 'grounding' and ac units. The prince is less labour intensive and less costly to produce, albeit still quite a difficult product to produce. I have not heard the prince 'grounding' and ac devices myself, but if I understand Miguel correctly both emperor products still reign supreme.

Below the prince 'grounding' unit comes the Troy signature. The Troy (signature) put Tripoint Audio on the audio map and is (still) a beautiful unit. Still using one Troy signature in one of my systems and the emperor ground in the other.

The empress is a different product, that is no grounding or ac device. It is a speaker filter that you connect to the backpost of your loudspeakers. As mentioned earlier I have not heard the emress myself, but on the audio exotics website you can find some descriptrions of what the empress is adding to the sound quality. In Hong Kong they have been using the empress in combination with various tube electronics, inter alia the top of the line Zanden products such as the Zanden Chouku amps. Miguel has been using the empress with his solid state amps and apparently the empress does its wonders with tube and solid state devices.

Last edited:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I Have heard a Live demonstration of the Tripoint Emperor in/out of system while playing an LP ( I understand is a Passive Device but there is a Mains cable protruding that can be removed and replaced instantly)

The Difference is immediate and weighs overwhelming for the Unit in Playback.

It is not subtle

BruceD

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I Have heard a Live demonstration of the Tripoint Emperor in/out of system while playing an LP ( I understand is a Passive Device but there is a Mains cable protruding that can be removed and replaced instantly)

The Difference is immediate and weighs overwhelming for the Unit in Playback.

It is not subtle

BruceD

Hello Bruce,

Are you referring to the emperor ground? In my system the latter makes a profound difference for the better.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Hello Bruce,

Are you referring to the emperor ground? In my system the latter makes a profound difference for the better.

Yes indeed:)

You are indeed blessed to be able to

A : Afford it:p

B: Deflect the Naysayers--99% have never seen nor heard one in situ:mad:

C: Experience the benefits!

Value ?--well unless in our lifetime we get Voltage carrying Wi FI/extra terrestrial or similar Mains Transmission--it will outlast its owner:)

I agree in the 59 years since I bought my Decca Deram Cartridge--the Emperor is one I wish I COULD afford today

Savour my friend and good listening

BruceD

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Yes indeed:)

You are indeed blessed to be able to

A : Afford it:p

B: Deflect the Naysayers--99% have never seen nor heard one in situ:mad:

C: Experience the benefits!

Value ?--well unless in our lifetime we get Voltage carrying Wi FI/extra terrestrial or similar Mains Transmission--it will outlast its owner:)

I agree in the 59 years since I bought my Decca Deram Cartridge--the Emperor is one I wish I COULD afford today

Savour my friend and good listening

BruceD

Thanks for your kind words Bruce.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing