Do all Spectral preamplifier like MIT Interconnects or just newer models?

Ubik

Sep 19, 2010
I know it might sound the 3billion dollar question. I just happily found a DMC-5 preamp that I mate with a totally different power amp (First Watt transconductance for full bandwith speakers).
Do the MIT/Spectral synergy started already at the DMC 5 Time? If so would any MIT current product suit?

Thanxs so much
Daniel

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
The MIT interconnects are required by the amplifiers not the preamplifiers. Otherwise, mating the DMC-5 with MIT is a matter of taste, more than anything else.

Ubik

Sep 19, 2010
The MIT interconnects are required by the amplifiers not the preamplifiers. Otherwise, mating the DMC-5 with MIT is a matter of taste, more than anything else.

Just to be sure....you mean that the interconncet between the pre and the amp are not important. So only speaker cables, right? Thanx

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Not sure what you mean... Your question was about interconnects - MIT interconnects (and speaker cables) are required by most Spectral amplifiers. Spectral preamplifiers don't have any requirements.

Ubik

Sep 19, 2010
. Is it advi??I rephrase it. Which cable between dmc 5 and a power amp not spectral? Is it more than advised or just based on taste? Thanx

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
It's really a matter of matching one component with the other, and taste is part of it.

lien

Sep 25, 2010
According to Spectral Audio. a SPECTRAL power amp (except their UNIVERSAL models) MUST be used with a SPECTRAL preamp and appropriate MIT cables. If using a SPECTRAL preamp by itself, it may be connected to any suitable brand of power amp, and MIT cables need not be used. There is a clear discussion of this at the GOODWIN's HIGH END site, on this page:

http://www.goodwinshighend.com/amp.htm

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing