Deflate-gate triggers stat spat- analysts attempt to solve why Patriots don't fumbl

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
It will be Interesting to see how this loss affects the team. How much bickering raises its ugly head. They were given a gift by the Packers and they rewrapped it for the Pats.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Thats why they play the game. I love the way the media, fans and any person who happens to watch one game a year knows better than Pete Carroll who has coached at the highest level for many, many years. What if they ran Lynch and he fumbled? What would the whiners and excuse makers say then? The Patriots won the game. Tom Brady set passing records against the best defense in the NFL. Injuries are a part of the game period and all teams suffer through them.
All of the woulda, coulda, shoulda is crap! Give the team who has done nothing but win for the past 14 years some credit. The Patriots won the game fair and square but I'm sure all the haters will find some way to accuse them of "cheating" once again.

+1

The reality is that the Pats defense is better than it looks.One of their claim to fame is the way they disguise their coverage . More than a QB and offensive coordinator have fallen for those "coverage" that are traps. Pete Caroll might have sensed such and reacted in the way he thought was proper, we'll never know. let us also admit that Jerome Kearse catch was one in a million kind of thing (although the Pats have seen three of these in less than 5 years :D) ... The pass was well played by the CB and it was a lucky bounce... Without that we would not be discussing this game ending ... The Pats played well and beat the Seahwaks ... We will call him dink Qb for as long as we want he is a better QB than Wilson at this point of both QBs career. Russel needs to prove what he can do when he doesn't have a Marshall Lynch-type RB to keep defense honest. A great game by two excellent teams. In my book the Seahawks remain a superior team. If they improve at Wide-receivers they go back to the Superbowl and win it.

P.S.
People How many QBs have kept being that good regardless of the complement of receivers they have? Name one? The constant in the Patriots success is Brady and Belichilk (maybe Vince you-can't-move-me- Wilfork another Hall of fame ). Brady and Belichik may likely the best ever in the NFL at their respective positions.

Suggestion let us open a thread on American Football similar to the NBA one ... I loooove football... :)

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
.. when you are inside the one yard line and have arguably the best running back in the league why the hell would you call a pass play

More in depth analytics ; Yes, I find it fascinating. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-of-the-super-bowl-and-it-wasnt-pete-carroll/

IMO the Patriots didn't win the game as much as Seattle lost the game

I agree. For a team as young and inexperienced as the Hawks, "we done did gud." Getting to the Bowl two years in a row? Yeah, I'll take that. :)

mojave

Oct 29, 2010
Elkhorn, NE
Maybe Pete Carroll remembered LenDale White getting stuffed on 4th and 2 in the 2006 Rose Bowl. That play was also discussed for days to come as a terrible call.

Interesting Stats:
In the entire season and playoffs the Patriots only gave up 64 total points (3.42 ppg) in the 4th quarter and Seahawks 94 points (4.95 ppg). The Patriots had nine 4th quarter shutouts while the Seahawks had seven.
For the last half of the season and playoffs, the Patriots gave up 19 total points (1.72 ppg) in the 4th quarter and the Seahawks 34 points (3.09 ppg).
In the playoffs, the Patriots gave up 3 total points (1 ppg) in the 4th quarter and the Seahawks 27 points (9 ppg).

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I agree. For a team as young and inexperienced as the Hawks, "we done did gud." Getting to the Bowl two years in a row? Yeah, I'll take that. :)

Actually, this New England Patriot team is the youngest team to win a Super Bowl in the history of the NFL. Average age of 25.2

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Bill Belichick made a sneaky-smart decision that might have contributed to fateful play call by Pete Carroll

Interesting link Steve I'm reminded for some reason of the line in Patton 'I read your book' keeping it PG of course.

You and Carolyn are sounding like many Packer fans on the Hawks comeback in the NFC title game

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Actually, this New England Patriot team is the youngest team to win a Super Bowl in the history of the NFL. Average age of 25.2

How weird that Butler tipped the ball that Seattle bobbled for five times ultimately catching it and on the next play he intercepts....what are the odds of that ?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
How weird that Butler tipped the ball that Seattle bobbled for five times ultimately catching it and on the next play he intercepts....what are the odds of that ?
2 plays later

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing