Steinheim Reference Loudspeaker on CES 2015

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
The CEO is ex-Nagra and one of the original designers is now head of R&D at Devialet.

I am so sorry that I could not take up the invitation to hear them in early December right here in CH. However, I am sure I will hear them at the Montreux show in October.

redsquare

Dec 9, 2013
I own the Alumine monitor and extremely satisfied; totally convinced these are one of the best monitors on the market. Have not heard the Reference but spoke with people who have in Munich and CES, and apparently they have incredible presence, speed and intimacy - along with 97 db efficiency! The driver choice is very interesting reminding me of earlier Goldmund and Focal designs, particularly in the midrange...

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I was surprised how much I liked the Alumine when it was driven by the CH Precision M1s in their demo room.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
M1s. Yummmmm.

redsquare

Dec 9, 2013
I'm not surprised you liked them but am surprised they were using CH Precision M1's for the 93-94 db Alumine - a bit overkill?? The Alumine's don't have to play loud to sound good; another great thing about them. Very determined to hear the Reference though...

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
I'm not surprised you liked them but am surprised they were using CH Precision M1's for the 93-94 db Alumine - a bit overkill?? The Alumine's don't have to play loud to sound good; another great thing about them. Very determined to hear the Reference though...

A future CH Precision integrated would be the perfect match for the Alumines. Stenheim also mates very well with tube based amplification in general. I'm awaiting the Trafomatic EOS integrated soon - which looks very promising. Allnic might be another interesting option as well.

/ Marcus, marcus@perfect-sense.se

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

As you can see, there were many speakers there and they played through 3 of them…unfortunately Not the Vivids, as they were about to be returned. I still need to do a write up of this factory visit. Good thing I made notes somewhere...

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
i should get to hear the Refs mid september at their demo room in CH.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing