Vertere HB Series usb cable

isquirrel

VIP/Donor
Sep 23, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I am glad I read that as the Vertere distributor is sending me the HB IC XLR's for trial tomorrow so will post impressions + pics

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
What about the power cable, cobalt? I like that one

Hi Bonzo 75, I agree with you. I use six of them and they are eg very good with my Kondo m1000 preamp and Trinity combo. I like them a lot! At the moment I am using Tara's current top of the line power cable on my Trinity dac and I love it. Someday I would like to try Miguel's Tripoint top of the line pc's as well but he is swamped with work so perhaps some day later when he is going to visit me.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Audiocrack,

I listened to Vertere HB usb/ethernet/phono-cable/xlr ic and the Pulse-X Ref speakerwire in several diff systems before.
I also listened to Taralabs GME xlr ic many times. However, I have no experience with GME speakerwire.

Vertere HB Series is particularly good in microdynamics, musicality & fluidity whereas macrodynamics/authority is not its specialty.
It's best for minute signal (e.g. phono-cable, dac-output, usb, ethernet...etc).
I find mix&match a Vertere HB ic with an ic which has a "powerful personility" will give a good synergistic effect (such as HB+Odin, HB+GME...etc).

Using GME both between source-preamp and preamp-poweramp may give the sound a too strong and predominating character, particularly in the smallish listening environment of most Hong Kong audiophiles.

BTW Please tell us more about the GME spearkwire. There may be no owner of it in Hong Kong yet.

Thanks.

Hello CK Keung,

My listening room is 4,5 meters wide, 3,5 meters high and about 14 meters deep, albeit it is a room 'en suite' with sliding doors between the front and back room and a conservatory at the back. The Taralabs GME ic's and loudspeaker cables are very dynamic indeed. See my previous comments on the thread regarding the Taralabs GME on the WBF. So I understand what you are saying. However, I love them dearly. I have connected all my Taralabs GME ic's through a Tripoint Thor se to the Tripoint emperor. The info retrieval is spooky but what I find the most intriguing aspect is the following: a complete GME loom is on the one hand incredible dynamic but at the same time very musical/involving and serene sounding. My Kondo Gakuoh power amps are - looking at the number in watts - offcourse not the most powerful amps in the world. Therefore I loved the lowering of the noise floor and as a consequence the (perceived?) extra dynamics I am experiencing.

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello CK Keung,
My listening room is 4,5 meters wide, 3,5 meters high and about 14 meters deep, albeit it is a room 'en suite' with sliding doors between the front and back room and a conservatory at the back. The Taralabs GME ic's and loudspeaker cables are very dynamic indeed. See my previous comments on the thread regarding the Taralabs GME on the WBF. So I understand what you are saying. However, I love them dearly. I have connected all my Taralabs GME ic's through a Tripoint Thor se to the Tripoint emperor. The info retrieval is spooky but what I found the most intriguing aspect is the following: a complete GME loom is on the one hand incredible dynamic but at the same time very musical/involving and serene sounding. My Kondo Gakuoh power amps are - looking at the number in watts - offcourse not the most powerful amps in the world. Therefore I loved the lowering of the noise floor and as a consequence the (perceived?) extra dynamics I am experiencing.

Hi Audiocrack,

What a great system you have! Congratulation!

This is the first time I know that the grounding leads of GME cables can be connected to Tripont groundboxes so as to get a better effect than onto the original GME ground-modules. Very interesting.
I will ask my friend who own both to try this special connection method.

Thanks for the sharing!

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Audiocrack,

What a great system you have! Congratulation!

This is the first time I know that the grounding leads of GME cables can be connected to Tripont groundboxes so as to get a better effec than onto theriginal GME ground-modules. Very interesting.
I will ask my friend who own both to try this special connection method.

Thanks for the sharing!

Thanks for your kind words and you are most welcome!

Last edited:

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Vertere HB Power Cord:

I looked at the HK site and saw that TJ/Vertere had a new HB power cord, this was early prototype. I phoned the company and they confirmed that it’s in development – expected readiness is June/July time frame. A very rough estimate of price is around £1300 pounds. It will cater for all types of gear (digital, Pre, Power amps etc).

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Vertere HB Power Cord:

I looked at the HK site and saw that TJ/Vertere had a new HB power cord, this was early prototype. I phoned the company and they confirmed that it’s in development – expected readiness is June/July time frame. A very rough estimate of price is around £1300 pounds. It will cater for all types of gear (digital, Pre, Power amps etc).

Hi Jambo,

Touraj is now in Hong Kong, setting up two Vertere Ref LP combo.
I will ask Audioexotics to get more info on this HB powercord.

Last edited:

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Hi Jambo,

Touraj is now in Hong Kong, setting two Vertere Ref LP combo.
I will ask Audioexotics to get more info on this HB powercord.

Hi CCK,
That would be great – nothing better than getting the info from the main man while he is in HK.

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
This tread has been quite for a while, so I though I’d do a small update.

I just got the Vertere HB power Cord. The standard length is 2m, so I’m led to believe.

Prior to installation I was using Harmonix Master Reference power cord to the CH Dac/PreAmp. The sound I was getting was very good, but a little Analytical and neutral.

I inserted the HB from my power conditioner to the CH. Initial thoughts were Oh dear, not very good, even after three hours of use the sound was not to a standard that I would be happy with. I called it a day and connect it to the Amp and left to ‘cook’ overnight. In the meantime - I sent the dealer an email and he recommend direct to the wall.
Next day I tried it (direct to wall) and connected it to the CH again and it made a little difference but not much. I kept playing music and as time went it slowly started to sound better. After a long while I reconnected to the conditioner.

Anyway, its been three full days of use and it is sounding very nice (dealer said it needs 100+ hours):

Fairly neutral – with a hint of warmth, rich tonality/timber
It is a wide band width, deep bass and fairly extended to treble
Good detail, nice transients, wide soundstage

It has a similar sound signature as their Ethernet and USB cables.

The CH is sounding a lot less analytical and more organic. My whole system as whole has seen the benefit of adding just one HB PC to the front end (CH).

If anyone is looking for a reasonable cost (by high end standards) power cord, I would recommend the Vertere HB power cord.

I'm pleased, I ended up buying the demo/loaner unit.

Last edited:

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
This tread has been quite for a while, so I though I’d do a small update.

I just got the Vertere HB power Cord. The standard length is 2m, so I’m led to believe.

Prior to installation I was using Harmonix Master Reference power cord to the CH Dac/PreAmp. The sound I was getting was very good, but a little Analytical and neutral.

I inserted the HB from my power conditioner to the CH. Initial thoughts were Oh dear, not very good, even after three hours of use the sound was not to a standard that I would be happy with. I called it a day and connect it to the Amp and left to ‘cook’ overnight. In the meantime - I sent the dealer an email and he recommend direct to the wall.
Next day I tried it (direct to wall) and connected it to the CH again and it made a little difference but not much. I kept playing music and as time went it slowly started to sound better. After a long while I reconnected to the conditioner.

Anyway, its been three full days of use and it is sounding very nice (dealer said it needs 100+ hours):

Fairly neutral – with a hint of warmth, rich tonality/timber
It is a wide band width, deep bass and fairly extended to treble
Good detail, nice transients, wide soundstage

It has a similar sound signature as their Ethernet and USB cables.

The CH is sounding a lot less analytical and more organic. My whole system as whole has seen the benefit of adding just one HB PC to the front end (CH).

If anyone is looking for a reasonable cost (by high end standards) power cord, I would recommend the Vertere HB power cord.

I'm pleased, I ended up buying the demo/loaner unit.

Can you give a brief idea as to how the PC is performing

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Can you give a brief idea as to how the PC is performing

I am enjoying the HB PC, it has fully broken in, there weren’t too many change after 5 days of use. I would say that it a very well balanced PC, you gain in all areas – so nothing seems to stick out and call attention to itself.
When I was playing around with the HB PC to gauge its performance I put a Siltech Ruby Hill 2 PC onto the CH in place of the HB and the performance took a step back, it became grey, lacked punch, lost depth and the soundstage shrank, so the HB was the better PC in my system.
I still hold by what I said, it is neutral but with very good tonality – it does not seem to be bland, soft, hyper-detailed, just nicely balanced in all areas and musical. It lets the components do their stuff in a positive way.
I like it and after knowing it was better than the Ruby Hill2 power cords (which were connected to my monos amps), I bought two additional HB PC (so a total of 3 Vertere HB PCs) to power my mono blocks, which gained weight, depth & punch, almost if amps had gained 50% more power.
So all my major components (in essence I only have three) are now powered by the Vertere HB power cords. The system is singing from the same Hymn sheet and presents music in a natural, realistic fashion.
Over at HK exotics forum – there is a Vertere thread and people are singing it praises saying that it too cheap for what it does.
If you get a chance – try to audition them. Hope that helps.

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
Do we have a summarization of the Vertere "House sound" yet?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Touraj is working on updating his website. If you have questions the best thing is to just call Touraj.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Almost two years without Vertere comments.
Any new experience specially vs the other pictures cables?

The Skogrand Beethoven USB and Goebel USB & ethernet are more expensive than Vertere HB USB & ethernet cables.
After I borrowed them and did comparisons, I decided to keep my Verteres.
And IMHO Vertere HB USB & ethernet are more all-rounded and natural than the more expensive Siltech & Crystal too.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Thanks CKKeuung.
All my PC, IC and SC are Siltech Royal Signature.
But i think Siltech isn't strong on digital.
I'm between Goebel vs Vertere.
What Siltech model did you listen?

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Not sampled the Vertere HB Series usb cable myself yet
but do own a full analogue HB cable loom ( tonearm/interconnects/speaker cables/power cords ) & Very Happy with the results

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Just a FYI, if you’re intrested in Vertere USB, the feedback in this thread so far is based on Version 1 of the USB Cable. The Current version is now 3 and the performance is meant to be even stronger according to Touraj (owner of Vertere). If you happen to have the original USB, they will upgrade it to Version 3. You pay shipping costs and about £100 sterling.

And I think this is a review of Version 3 USB

http://www.the-ear.net/how-to/vertere-pulse-hb-usb-cable

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing