Vertere HB Series usb cable

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi Jambo.
Thank you very much for your experience. I know how glad you are with Vertere.
Anyway i'm going to demo the Goebel USB first. More solid bass and bigger soundstage.
I know how good is the Vertere USB 3 but i have in mind to put the Vertere power cord on my Wadax Server to mix the Goebel and Vertere styles.
I've 4 Siltech RMii and 1 DC. Time to taste other styles.
I know Vertere PC works better on your system than Siltech RHill.
King regards.

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Hi Jambo.
Thank you very much for your experience. I know how glad you are with Vertere.
Anyway i'm going to demo the Goebel USB first. More solid bass and bigger soundstage.
I know how good is the Vertere USB 3 but i have in mind to put the Vertere power cord on my Wadax Server to mix the Goebel and Vertere styles.
I've 4 Siltech RMii and 1 DC. Time to taste other styles.
I know Vertere PC works better on your system than Siltech RHill.
King regards.

Hope the Goebel demo goes well, keep us informed of what you find. There is no distribution/dealer for Goebel here in Australia, so that was not an option for me.

I think you’ll like the Vertere HB PC on the Wadax Server, some people in HK are saying for digital and motors (i.e turntables) the Vertere offers good performance. The Goebel is good for Amps. Of course this is gross simplification, but gives some pointers.

Last edited:

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
The demo has been so great that i have a new USB cable.
I'll write my impressions on another dedicated thread.
The question, to continue with the tittle of this one, is about the Vertere HB Power Cable.
As i wrote before i'm thinking to put it on my Wadax server to mix the flavours.

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Hi Stereophonic,

Looking forward to hear your impressions on your new Goebel ethernet cable.

What did you compare it to?

Are they any aspects in the presentation sonically that you are trying to introduce with the Vertere PC since adding the Goebel?

I heard the Goebel ethernet briefly and it it has a lighter footing bass wise with more definition than their powercords.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi Stereophonic,

Looking forward to hear your impressions on your new Goebel ethernet cable.

What did you compare it to?

Are they any aspects in the presentation sonically that you are trying to introduce with the Vertere PC since adding the Goebel?

I heard the Goebel ethernet briefly and it it has a lighter footing bass wise with more definition than their powercords.

Hi Just.

I've replaced my Siltech Classic Anniversary USB cable by the Goebel one. Not my Ethernet.
I'll put my impressions on a dedicated thread.
Currently i have an Audioquest Vodka Ethernet cable.
Also the Ethernet connection as the Server are the more noisy components on a system.
I can already tell you that the Goebel has black noise floor and a bass to die for.
The Server is not a high current component so i'm thinking to put the Vertere Power Cord connected to my Wadax.
I have some great reports of synergy between Goebel and Vertere.
At the same time i have to adjust my ethernet connection to get out the DC noise with a dedicated power supply to the modem.
That is my current configuration.

Ethernet line.jpg

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
They do play nice together. Goebel Pc with Vertere ethernet. Would like to try the Goebel ethernet too.

What PC are you matching your Wadax with now?

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi just.

It was connected throught a Shunyata Python. Not a good match.
Now i have it connected by a simple Real Cable.
My new Vertere Power Cord is coming home !!!!!
vertere-pulse-mains-cable-sq.jpg

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Very nice ! hope the demo goes well.

Hi Jambo.
My Göbel demo was stunning. I bought it.
I'll write my impressions on a dedicated thread.
As you see, now i have a Vertere PC on demo.
My experience is not so successful like yours.
It has 120 h. of burn in and it doen't sounds right.
Soften bass, highs artificialy extended, difuse mid range...
I'm very surprised because i've read a lot of happy owners opinions.

Jambo

Apr 15, 2015
Australia
Sorry to hear that. You may have already returned it, if you havent, then plug it into your amp and run it there for a few days. Because it sounded quite bad for me as well - had to throughly run it in on my amp, only then did it sound good on my dac. But as you have already logged serious hours on it, maybe it’s not a good match in your system. Then it maybe worth your while to try Gobel PC, hopefully it’ll be a better match in your system.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Sorry to hear that. You may have already returned it, if you havent, then plug it into your amp and run it there for a few days. Because it sounded quite bad for me as well - had to throughly run it in on my amp, only then did it sound good on my dac. But as you have already logged serious hours on it, maybe it’s not a good match in your system. Then it maybe worth your while to try Gobel PC, hopefully it’ll be a better match in your system.

30 hours of break in time...
Interesting....

02CAD954-038A-4DA3-A697-5F752E478E03.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing