Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vertere HB Series usb cable

Addicted to Best!

Thumbs up Vertere HB Series usb cable

IMHO Vertere may be the most under-rated and ignored hi-end hifi brand in Hong Kong.

10 days ago, Vertere has just got a new distributor (Chris) who asked me to take Veretere's top HB Series USB cable for a home trial. He claimed that it KO his Crystal Dreamline Plus usb cable easily.

At that time, I gave him just a lukewarm response. I have been using a Totaldac usb cable and a Light Harmonic LightSpeed 2G usb cable happily. The former is in my opinion a best-buy, surpassing many brands/models that are much more expensive. Its musicality/analogue-ness is a heavenly-match with CAS.

But when I inserted the Vertere HB in my audio system, my jaw dropped to floor. It betters both of my usb cables in all aspects at once!

After burning it in for about 100 hours, I listened to it again carefully and confirmed that it is the best usb cable that I have ever listened to. It's very all-rounded without any obvious pitfall. It has supreme musicality yet the freq extensions and resolution are not compromised. The soundstage is wide and deep and there are so many layers within.

I now tend to believe Chris that the Vertere HB may be the best usb cable in the market!
    However, for the <USD1.2k level usb cables, I think Totaldac is still the king.
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

Addicted to Best!
    Nice review! Did you buy it? How much?
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    Nice review! Did you buy it? How much?
    Hi LL21,
    I will buy one, but maybe later this year because I have other priorities (Tripoint Signature , MSB Series V UMT transport ... etc).

The Hong Kong dealer just got the Vertere distributorship so the net prices of the flagship HB Series are not finalized yet.
    I guess it will be similar to the price in UK, about 1600. Pls contact him for details (info@audioexotics.com).

CK
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by CKKeung View Post
    Hi LL21,
    I will buy one, but maybe later this year because I have other priorities (Tripoint Signature , MSB Series V UMT transport ... etc).

The Hong Kong dealer just got the Vertere distributorship so the net prices of the flagship HB Series are not finalized yet.
    I guess it will be similar to the price in UK, about 1600. Pls contact him for details (info@audioexotics.com).

CK
    Thanks...i do know those guys and like them. Serious and hardcore. If i am in the market for a Vertere (i only have Zanden 4box), i know who to call now. Thanks.
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap

Addicted to Best!
    Some photos to share :
    Name:  20150110_171322.jpg
Views: 4753
Size:  355.9 KB
    Name:  IMG-20150101-WA0071.jpg
Views: 2755
Size:  159.9 KB
    Name:  IMG-20150101-WA0072.jpg
Views: 2780
Size:  275.5 KB

Addicted to Best!
    Call me skeptical about this cable. The pricing, about $2,200 plus the fact that it has a box in the line which does lord knows what.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    Thanks...i do know those guys and like them. Serious and hardcore. If i am in the market for a Vertere (i only have Zanden 4box), i know who to call now. Thanks.
    You are in UK. Why on the earth you want to call HK dealer for the cable when the manufacturer of the cable is in UK?

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by adyc View Post
    You are in UK. Why on the earth you want to call HK dealer for the cable when the manufacturer of the cable is in UK?
    Good to know...thanks.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Lindeman's Avatar
    Interesting but I can't find any info about this cable on the Vertere site? Found a pic somewhere else of another Vertere usb cable looking like yours, it's called Pulse HB USB 2.0 Double V2 Cable. Is this the same cable?

Name:  pulse-hb-usb-2.0-double-v2-cable-square.jpg
Views: 2795
Size:  178.4 KB

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    HI CKKeung, which Vertere model are you referring to?

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast