Phono Stage suggestions sought (Coincident Technology?) to match my system

Havenhearth

May 20, 2013
Arthur Salvatore highly recommends the Coincident Technology Statement phono preamp on his blog. I know nothing about Arthur's listening preferences, so can't know why he feels it superior to other phono pre's.

My table is a Technics SP10, arms are Talea and SME with Benz and AirTight cartridges respectively ( phono cable undetermined for SME arm, open to suggestions on a separate thread --to keeps things 'simple' ) My gear is hybrid, with solid state 100 wpc bass amps, 300B and 6SN7 tubes for mids and tweeters, and JL Audio subs for the bottom octave. The CDP and preamp are solid state and very high quality.

Please weigh in on phono pre's between $2 and 7K that you have owned or heard in systems you know well. I don't have a prejudice or preference for solid state or valve gear, and I'm receptive to used equipment.

I DO, however, strongly prefer an 'I am there' presentation, over 'the musicians are in the room' sensation, when the that's in the vinyl. More interested by far in an emotionally engaging ( not distortedly emotional or euphonic ) listening experience than a precise, highly detailed but soul-less presentation.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and shared experience.

Best,

David

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Two that come mind

RCM audio sensor

LKV phono 2SB

enjoy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing