Martin Logan @ CEDIA 2010

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Ml's been posting some tantalizing hints on Facebook, e.g.

What do you get when you cross an electrostat with Folded Motion? Find out in Atlanta at CEDIA 2010. Booth SR-2.
Unveiling a few new floorstanding electrostatic speakers in 8 days, will you be there?
Today is my last day in the office before leaving for 8 days at CEDIA in Atlanta! I can't wait to let the cat out of the bag on our new ESLs and other speakers. What will they be? Papa stat and baby stat? New Reserve Series electrostats? New Motion speakers? The second coming of Aerius? Watch our FB page and MartinLog...an.com. Info will go live soon as news breaks.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MartinLogan/78198259094#!/pages/MartinLogan/78198259094?v=wall

and that's all we know for a few more days. We do know that they promised a few new ESL models this year, which is consistent.

If anyone is attending CEDIA or has other information, please post it here.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
I've no idea, George. :-( I was hoping for at least one upscale ESL. We'll probably find out when the show opens on Wednesday.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
This just appeared on the ML company site:

MartinLogan is proud to introduce Theos as the most affordable hand-built electrostatic speakers in our exclusive Reserve Series. Descended from MartinLogan's critically acclaimed flagship CLX™ loudspeaker, the Theos features advanced XStat™ electrostatic technology and a proprietary Vojtko™ crossover topology delivering the highest sonic standards of efficiency and precision. A passive 8-inch high excursion woofer and ultra low turbulance down-firing bass port generate unyielding, detailed bass down to 43Hz. Custom coupling spikes and toolless bi-wire binding posts provide the final touch—providing the ultimate level of flexibility for connection and setup.
Quick specs:
44" x 9.2" XStat™ CLS™ Transducer
8-inch Aluminum-Cone Woofer
Precision Built Vojtko™ Filter
Bi-wirable Tool-less Binding Post
http://www.martinlogan.com/theos/index.php

Starting under $5K per pair

Sooo, same panel size as the Ethos (4" taller than a Vantage/Vista). Same height, but narrower than a Summit.

and this:

Electro Motion Series

The all new ElectroMotion™ Series features the world's most superb thin film transducer technologies—electrostatic and compact Folded Motion™. This bold loudspeaker series establishes a new benchmark for price verses performance. Pushing thin film transducer technology to its limit, the ElectroMotion Series floorstanding loudspeaker, the ElectroMotion ESL, features the most affordable full-size XStat™ electrostatic transducer ever designed. Voice-matched center and surround speakers will feature the next evolution of Folded Motion technology—MartinLogan's new larger, lower distortion Folded Motion™ XT tweeter.

Designed for both 2-channel music enthusiasts and those seeking the worlds most articulate and dynamic multi-channel home theater systems, ElectroMotion Series speakers are voice and timbre matched with one another as well as the rest of the MartinLogan line. With audiphile-grade floorstanding electrostatic loudspeakers starting at under $2,000 per pair (US), this new series represents the most compelling 'affordable' audiophile-grade speakers ever brought to market.

The ElectroMotion Series is scheduled to ship in March 2011. Check back often for updates and pictures—or sign up here to be notified by email when more information is available.
Be the first to know about the ElectroMotion Series.
http://www.martinlogan.com/electromotion/

Good news for the mid-fi stuff, but I was hoping for something a bit more interesting to me e.g. a model between Summit and CLX. :-(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing