Non-member Wilson systems

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
If you look really closely, it appears that each speaker and sub are sitting on the same piece of granite! :eek:

Can't believe Wilson actually posted this on their FB page.

I see they have a WATCH Center channel. Wonder where the Surrounds are?? LOL

Another pair of Alexandria's hard against the back wall :) :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Best room treatment yet!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Whats the big deal if the guy enjoys it that way , he definetively will know by now how its done " the audiophile way "
I guess he wants to get good high bandwith large scale sound and still enjoy the living space and watch tv on the system .

No big deal at all. I just look at it like, for example, you never taking your Ducati outside of downtown Amsterdam. At least make some noise in the A10 tunnels! ;)

So much wasted potential :(.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
If you look really closely, it appears that each speaker and sub are sitting on the same piece of granite! :eek:

Can't believe Wilson actually posted this on their FB page.

I see they have a WATCH Center channel. Wonder where the Surrounds are?? LOL

Maybe they were mounted outside? ;) I will go out on the limb and go with the WAF as the reason it's like this. I'm hoping that was the issue.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
No big deal at all. I just look at it like, for example, you never taking your Ducati outside of downtown Amsterdam. At least make some noise in the A10 tunnels! ;)

So much wasted potential :(.

It's off topic but I remember the looks of some of the riders when we showed up to a track day with two Ducati's. The bike's true potential isn't realized until you ride it on a track. I would rather crash it there than on the street. It allows the end user to fully appreciate the workmanship put into the machine. Which is my analogy. The true potential of that system will never be a realized by the owner.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
if you simply observe most any Wilson print advertisement the Wilson speakers are set in 'life-style' settings with zero sonic consideration and maximum artistic consideration.

audiophiles care about such things, but evidently their market research tells them it's not important in helping the dealer to sell the product. so a Wilson facebook page will again reflect that 'civilian' viewpoint.

I think we take ourselves too seriously sometimes in assuming everyone should share our priorities. sure; maybe in some cases it's ignorance and we assume they would change the set-up if only they realized, but I'd bet mostly it's simply a matter of lifestyle choices.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
if you simply observe most any Wilson print advertisement the Wilson speakers are set in 'life-style' settings with zero sonic consideration and maximum artistic consideration.

audiophiles care about such things, but evidently their market research tells them it's not important in helping the dealer to sell the product. so a Wilson facebook page will again reflect that 'civilian' viewpoint.

I think we take ourselves too seriously sometimes in assuming everyone should share our priorities. sure; maybe in some cases it's ignorance and we assume they would change the set-up if only they realized, but I'd bet mostly it's simply a matter of lifestyle choices.

In the end, it still sounds pretty good...Better than the parents victrola all in one console unit. ;) What you say makes sense. Not all people are as immersed in such things audiophile.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
and there is another way to look at this.....

Wilson (and other high end companies trying for a more broad based appeal) selling their products to more than just 'hair shirt' audiophiles fuels a healthier Wilson Audio more equipped to develop more and better products and push performance for all of us.

this is a good thing as long as companies like Wilson stay connected to their passion for performance.

I think if the most successful high end company could only sell to 'serious' (from our perspective) listeners it would have a 'chilling' effect on forward progress.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing