New DAC from Merging Technologies for Home Audio Market

The NADAC will be on my list of "to hear" rooms at The Show later this month. That is a definite. :)

Brian,

Dominque brought the NADAC back to our home in Capistrano on Saturday evening for an audition on the Giya G1; absolutely superb. My reference DAC at home is the Luxman DA_06, which while not the most resolute DAC on the planet does a fantastic job of reproducing music with all its passion & emotion and certainly enough detail that you can hear the venue and where the performer is located in the soundstage and little details such as when they move their face away from the microphone. Bruce Brown (Puget Sound) also came along; we had a marvelous evening. Bruce already owns a Horus, so is familiar with Merging Tech's house sound. While the resolution is there in spades, the noise floor is super quiet, but it lacks any etched quality, rather delivers lots of resolution in a musical presentation.

if I had known you were interested in the NADAC I would have invited you back down on Sat. evening. Next time...

Ciao
Philip

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Brian,

Dominque brought the NADAC back to our home in Capistrano on Saturday evening for an audition on the Giya G1; absolutely superb. My reference DAC at home is the Luxman DA_06, which while not the most resolute DAC on the planet does a fantastic job of reproducing music with all its passion & emotion and certainly enough detail that you can hear the venue and where the performer is located in the soundstage and little details such as when they move their face away from the microphone. Bruce Brown (Puget Sound) also came along; we had a marvelous evening. Bruce already owns a Horus, so is familiar with Merging Tech's house sound. While the resolution is there in spades, the noise floor is super quiet, but it lacks any etched quality, rather delivers lots of resolution in a musical presentation.

If I had known you were interested in the NADAC I would have invited you back down on Sat. evening. Next time...

Ciao
Philip

Very interesting. I talked to Dominique from Merging Technologies about the NADAC at The Show Newport. And heard it in Stereo playing back some DSD downloads in the Positive Feedback suite (room 441 at the show) and in Multichannel DSD in the Ray Kimber room on the 1st floor. It definitely has potential from what I heard.

Yes, I would have loved to hear it on your home system! I'll take you up on that offer next time.... :)

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Heard this new NADAC for the first time in a "decent" system over the weekend at Philip O Hanlon's lair. I've very familiar with the house sound of Merging as having used their equipment for the past decade. To say this unit impressed is an understatement. I had listened to Philip's system for a while before the NADAC was inserted so I had a handle on what the system was capable of.
Merging has a winner on their hands and a contender for the great Lampi...

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
An early NADAC report from David Robinson, Editor In Chief at Positive Feedback on Facebook.
The NADAC is in the same audio rack as DACs from Playback Designs and exaSound according to the photo.

"The Merging Technologies NADAC is here, in my Positive Feedback reference system, and sounding phenomenal!
The server with JRiver's Media Center 20 on Windows 7 is 30 feet away in my office...JRemote controlling it and the disk array from the listening room. Works flawlessly!"

NADAC at Positive Feedback - 600w.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153239688661066

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing