Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New DAC from Merging Technologies for Home Audio Market

Quote Originally Posted by c1ferrari View Post
    Indeed...I thought about skipping this year's Newport show, but now I may have inspiration to attend
    The NADAC will be on my list of "to hear" rooms at The Show later this month. That is a definite.

[Industry Expert] Philip O Hanlon's Avatar
    San Juan Capistrano, CA (between LA & San Diego)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
    The NADAC will be on my list of "to hear" rooms at The Show later this month. That is a definite.
    Brian,

Dominque brought the NADAC back to our home in Capistrano on Saturday evening for an audition on the Giya G1; absolutely superb. My reference DAC at home is the Luxman DA_06, which while not the most resolute DAC on the planet does a fantastic job of reproducing music with all its passion & emotion and certainly enough detail that you can hear the venue and where the performer is located in the soundstage and little details such as when they move their face away from the microphone. Bruce Brown (Puget Sound) also came along; we had a marvelous evening. Bruce already owns a Horus, so is familiar with Merging Tech's house sound. While the resolution is there in spades, the noise floor is super quiet, but it lacks any etched quality, rather delivers lots of resolution in a musical presentation.

if I had known you were interested in the NADAC I would have invited you back down on Sat. evening. Next time...

Ciao
    Philip
    Philip O'Hanlon
    On A Higher Note
    (distributor of excellence)
    window to the true sound through imported synergistic high end audio components: Artesania Audio, Eclipse TD, Luxman, Merging+NADAC, and Vivid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Philip O Hanlon View Post
    Brian,

Dominque brought the NADAC back to our home in Capistrano on Saturday evening for an audition on the Giya G1; absolutely superb. My reference DAC at home is the Luxman DA_06, which while not the most resolute DAC on the planet does a fantastic job of reproducing music with all its passion & emotion and certainly enough detail that you can hear the venue and where the performer is located in the soundstage and little details such as when they move their face away from the microphone. Bruce Brown (Puget Sound) also came along; we had a marvelous evening. Bruce already owns a Horus, so is familiar with Merging Tech's house sound. While the resolution is there in spades, the noise floor is super quiet, but it lacks any etched quality, rather delivers lots of resolution in a musical presentation.

If I had known you were interested in the NADAC I would have invited you back down on Sat. evening. Next time...

Ciao
    Philip
    Very interesting. I talked to Dominique from Merging Technologies about the NADAC at The Show Newport. And heard it in Stereo playing back some DSD downloads in the Positive Feedback suite (room 441 at the show) and in Multichannel DSD in the Ray Kimber room on the 1st floor. It definitely has potential from what I heard.

Yes, I would have loved to hear it on your home system! I'll take you up on that offer next time....

[WBF Founding Member]
    Pro Audio Production
    Member Sponsor
    Heard this new NADAC for the first time in a "decent" system over the weekend at Philip O Hanlon's lair. I've very familiar with the house sound of Merging as having used their equipment for the past decade. To say this unit impressed is an understatement. I had listened to Philip's system for a while before the NADAC was inserted so I had a handle on what the system was capable of.
    Merging has a winner on their hands and a contender for the great Lampi...
    Bruce A. Brown
    Puget Sound Studios
    Stereomojo reviewer
    Seattle, WA

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

An early NADAC report from David Robinson, Editor In Chief at Positive Feedback on Facebook.
    The NADAC is in the same audio rack as DACs from Playback Designs and exaSound according to the photo.

"The Merging Technologies NADAC is here, in my Positive Feedback reference system, and sounding phenomenal!
    The server with JRiver's Media Center 20 on Windows 7 is 30 feet away in my office...JRemote controlling it and the disk array from the listening room. Works flawlessly!"
    Name:  NADAC at Positive Feedback - 600w.jpg
Views: 1999
Size:  176.0 KB

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...53239688661066
    Last edited by bmoura; 06-04-2015 at 04:25 PM.

More on the NADAC and Quad DSD in this video from AV Showrooms....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgnwxixiM3c

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123