New WAMM details

Sunny

Adrian you did awesome with narrating what is so good, true and authentic in the path that is put forth by David and the Wilson team.
Another exciting speaker is going to be the Sabrina.

Brf

Sep 21, 2012
Each prospective WAMM customer must be vetted by the dealer and separately by Wilson Audio. Among other criteria, only current owners of Wilson speakers (current or previous models) will be approved.

I believe that having an AMEX Centurion (Black) card qualifies as been "vetted".

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
I am fascinated by the idea of all of these adjustable modules, and it seems that Wilson is taking the idea of time alignment to a new extreme. The larger Wilsons speakers already have this feature, so it will be interesting to see how much further the WAMM takes this idea.

It is astonishing how many super expensive cables, amps and speakers are sold around the world. This must be an effort to create an all out assault on what is possible with few if any restrictions. I congratulate Dave Wilson on making the effort to design and produce something like this. It is these rare products that move the industry forward.

I would love to hear Mr. Wilson discuss in some detail how his listening sessions during his lengthy annual trips to Vienna have influenced his thinking about music and sound. I'm sure they have been instrumental in the development of this project.

In these videos, my father talks a little about how his trips to Vienna have influenced him when it comes to speaker design.

Have you had a chance to watch all of Wilson Audio videos on our YouTube page?

https://www.youtube.com/user/wilsonaudiospeakers/videos?view=0&shelf_id=1&sort=dd

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
In these videos, my father talks a little about how his trips to Vienna have influenced him when it comes to speaker design.

Have you had a chance to watch all of Wilson Audio videos on our YouTube page?

Thanks Debby. Yes I have watched the Wilson Audio videos. I am particularly fond of the one with Dr. Peter Poltun, who is a good friend of mine. I have spent time with Peter listening to rehearsals and I think I missed your parents one year by a couple of days. Meeting Peter and listening to music in that great hall in Vienna are extraordinary experiences. I understand how they can influence your father's ideas about the sound of music.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Thanks Debby. Yes I have watched the Wilson Audio videos. I am particularly fond of the one with Dr. Peter Poltun, who is a good friend of mine. I have spent time with Peter listening to rehearsals and I think I missed your parents one year by a couple of days. Meeting Peter and listening to music in that great hall in Vienna are extraordinary experiences. I understand how they can influence your father's ideas about the sound of music.

Oh, Peter is one of my FAVORITE people! I LOVE listening to his stories! He made my first experience in Vienna one I will never forget.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
What happened to the new WAMM project any news , here is the old version, long live the eighties :D

http://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-modular-monitor-wamm-loudpeaker-system

At a recent Wilson Owners event at Paragon in Ann Arbor, Dave and Daryl Wilson snuck in a quick peak of the new WAMM speaker at the end of a slide presentation depicting the Wilson families journey thru in audio. They indicated this was the first time it has been shown since CES earlier this year.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
At a recent Wilson Owners event at Paragon in Ann Arbor, Dave and Daryl Wilson snuck in a quick peak of the new WAMM speaker at the end of a slide presentation depicting the Wilson families journey thru in audio. They indicated this was the first time it has been shown since CES earlier this year.

And is that all you're going to say or did you guys sign an NDA ;)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
And is that all you're going to say or did you guys sign an NDA ;)

Leaving it to your imagination, perhaps! ;)

It is hard to describe... and frankly, photos do NOT do it justice.

darkmatter

Mar 11, 2014
East Anglia UK
Anyone aware of a possible release date for the new WAMM?

I remember well meeting David at the London HiFi show where he was showing the WP 3/2 was released with the revised WHOW bass unit

I was struck by his energy and absolute commitment to the cause of advancement.

Looking forward to seeing the new design in the future.

Simon

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm hearing only 100 will be made

$800K

Only prior Wilson owners will be able to buy

Dave will vette each potential buyer

I've heard that the WAMM will be the only Wilson speaker in production until they are made

At least that's the buzz on the street.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cheers to you Mr. Wilson. The best to you, your family and your company. Go 100!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
$800k ... wow !

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
$800k ... wow !

I personally sold three $800K Goldmund Apologue systems this year. Lot's of people with lots of $$$ out there.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I personally sold three $800K Goldmund Apologue systems this year. Lot's of people with lots of $$$ out there.

Do they sound better in a room like yours than a pair of M3s driven by Vitus SM-102 ? Or is it a proposition for extremely wealthy, looking for a relatively compact (no cables and amps) soultion ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Do they sound better in a room like yours than a pair of M3s driven by Vitus SM-102 ? Or is it a proposition for extremely wealthy, looking for a relatively compact (no cables and amps) soultion ?

Careful, someone for whom 800k is pocket change might be reading this. Or maybe his agent is.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
They are different and both have their pluses and minuses just like everything else in life

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing