New WAMM details

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
How so?

Are you suggesting that the speakers won't sell to Wilson owners first, or at all or ???

What reality are you suggesting Frantz

it only makes sense to offer the speaker to those who have supported the company FIRST.
I think you all might want to consider that they are not going to be able to make many and probably not sell enormous amounts. I can only assume that this is very time consuming to build, crate, ship deliver and set up and install.
The numbers that they most likely can produce are small and so locking out thier own previous customers would be unkind and unfair IMO.
I also believe that the most likely owners will be those who own XLF and Alexandria's , Old WAMMS etc

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
it only makes sense to offer the speaker to those who have supported the company FIRST.
I think you all might want to consider that they are not going to be able to make many and probably not sell enormous amounts. I can only assume that this is very time consuming to build, crate, ship deliver and set up and install.
The numbers that they most likely can produce are small and so locking out thier own previous customers would be unkind and unfair IMO.
I also believe that the most likely owners will be those who own XLF and Alexandria's , Old WAMMS etc

I agree. I am trying to understand Frantz' comment that "reality will be different"

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I read it as "One or more pairs of them will probably be someone's first Wilson"….or something like that. Dang my English is off tonight.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I read it as "One or more pairs of them will probably be someone's first Wilson"….or something like that. Dang my English is off tonight.

That was my inference as well. With only a limited number being made and a huge very wealthy Wilson clientele in the far East and elsewhere I have no doubts that this speaker will be sold out before the first one rolls off the production line

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

you do have to understand that Wilson's customers are their dealers, not the speaker owners.

and if one of their premier dealers really wants a particular customer to have these bespoke Wamm's....they will. maybe the dealer sells them a pair of 'entry' level Wilson's (for their GV) to fulfill the requirement but the dealer will get handled.

that is how it works.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

Exactly ...

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
What pops out to me in the above questionnaire is that it will NOT be a limited production

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
you do have to understand that Wilson's customers are their dealers, not the speaker owners.

and if one of their premier dealers really wants a particular customer to have these bespoke Wamm's....they will. maybe the dealer sells them a pair of 'entry' level Wilson's (for their GV) to fulfill the requirement but the dealer will get handled.

that is how it works.

That too ...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Regarding marketing / customerservice/ productquality , i think wilson does an exxcelent job with many satisfied customers .
Its a brand build out of passion , and the first one imo that made big speakers look good

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Regarding marketing / customerservice/ productquality , i think wilson does an exxcelent job with many satisfied customers .
Its a brand build out of passion , and the first one imo that made big speakers look good

They are superb at marketing. After all everyone is going gaga over a speaker that no one has heard yet :)

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I am fascinated by the idea of all of these adjustable modules, and it seems that Wilson is taking the idea of time alignment to a new extreme. The larger Wilsons speakers already have this feature, so it will be interesting to see how much further the WAMM takes this idea.

It is astonishing how many super expensive cables, amps and speakers are sold around the world. This must be an effort to create an all out assault on what is possible with few if any restrictions. I congratulate Dave Wilson on making the effort to design and produce something like this. It is these rare products that move the industry forward.

I would love to hear Mr. Wilson discuss in some detail how his listening sessions during his lengthy annual trips to Vienna have influenced his thinking about music and sound. I'm sure they have been instrumental in the development of this project.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
They are superb at marketing. After all everyone is going gaga over a speaker that no one has heard yet :)

Not even off the drawing board yet!

Last edited:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

No different to be new top of range Ferrari or Porsche to be released

Sit back and enjoy the show

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Given that there is no upgrade from X2 Series 2 to XLF and presumably no upgrade from XLF to WAMM...i suspect if the big WAMMs are a great success, we may see a number of trade-in XLFs on the market....creating a new wave of big Wilson 'trade ups'...where Alex2 owners upgrade to trade-in XLFs, and trade-in Alex2s once again come on the market.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Given that there is no upgrade from X2 Series 2 to XLF and presumably no upgrade from XLF to WAMM...i suspect if the big WAMMs are a great success, we may see a number of trade-in XLFs on the market....creating a new wave of big Wilson 'trade ups'...where Alex2 owners upgrade to trade-in XLFs, and trade-in Alex2s once again come on the market.

MAYBE.

The XLF at $200k and the possibility of the new WAMM at $500k or higher, could make a big difference in how many people are able to upgrade from XLF to New WAMM.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing