Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: New WAMM details

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! still-one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    OMG, that is really pretty cool. I prefer the side panels open like in the last two photos. What is the purpose of those round cable track routers?
    This is strictly a guess but they might keep the cables organized when adjustments are being made to the drivers. Since all the drivers must be adjusted for proper alignment there could be slack (unsightly) when in certain position.
    Jim
    Speakers:Alexandria X2- Series 2, AMP''s-D'Agostino Momentum mono blocks, Pre-Amp:D'Agostino Momentum Phono Stage Esoteric E-03 Sources :dCS Rossini & clock , SME 20/3, Cabling/Interconnects:Transparent Opus SC and Interconnects, Power Delivery Shunyata Denali

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! mauidan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    This is strictly a guess but they might keep the cables organized when adjustments are being made to the drivers. Since all the drivers must be adjusted for proper alignment there could be slack (unsightly) when in certain position.
    "A new system of cable dressing, which features rotary cable tensioners, makes its debut in the Master Chronosonic. While the new system is beautiful, the design was engineered to reduce the deleterious effects of magnetostriction. Similarly, custom-made enclosure-breach-point hardware, which terminates each corresponding cable into the rear of its respective enclosure, minimizes wire connection points throughout the loudspeaker system, and minimizes degradation throughout the wired signal path."

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/wamm-master-chronosonic-enters-limited-production/
    Aloha

I wasn't a fan of the design after only seeing a front view, but now seeing the side and back - ME meets EE meets ID, now I like it!

Name:  wa side.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  68.8 KB
    Aloha

I love the word "GANTRY"

Its amazing to see CNC technology being used in audio. 20 years ago CNC was fairly new to machine shops.. Its trickle down technology and that is what we can hope for from this glorious project !

I love the word "GANTRY"

Its amazing to see CNC technology being used in audio. 20 years ago CNC was fairly new to machine shops.. Its trickle down technology and that is what we can hope for from this glorious project !

[Industry Expert] Senior Member metaphacts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C.A.P View Post
    I love the word "GANTRY"

Wilson Audio embraced CNC in the early 90's. It's certainly allowed us to do things we could never have done without them. Our current twin table machine often runs multiple shifts, especially with the expanded production demands of WAMM Master Chronosonic.
    Wilson Audio

Name:  WAMM Back.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  78.9 KB
    Aloha

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Just decided - I am going to take the tape tensioners out of my Studer A80's and put them in the XLF's!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , the Forsell Air Force One, the ARC Phono 2SE and the DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : ARC REF40 + ARC REF250, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables and CenterStage feet ...

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    An Wilson Audio WAMM + Dartzeel preamp and monoblocks being installed (courtesy of Monoandstereo) - see all the photos at http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/11...ronosonic.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's , the Forsell Air Force One, the ARC Phono 2SE and the DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : ARC REF40 + ARC REF250, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables and CenterStage feet ...

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast