Question For Aurender Owners

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Does anyone know if there is a way to direct files from an external hard drive to a specific drive on the Aurender? If you simply hook a drive up it will copy to drive One. Is there a way to have it copy to the other drive? I'm guessing that moving it later would take large amounts of time.

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Does anyone know if there is a way to direct files from an external hard drive to a specific drive on the Aurender? If you simply hook a drive up it will copy to drive One. Is there a way to have it copy to the other drive? I'm guessing that moving it later would take large amounts of time.

Bruce:
I tried connecting an external hard drive directly to Aurender but didn't work.

While the Aurender was connected to the wireless hub, I connected the hard drive to the same wireless hub and it worked beautifully access all the files and copying through my laptop.

Although I haven't tried it, one should be able to get a Ethernet switch and connect, Aurender, external hard drive (with proper interface or connected to the main computer), and access via a laptop from same switch to file copy.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
You can just use whatever file manager to copy files and folders from a drive to a drive on the Aurender. Depending upon the speed of your network and how much you are copying, it can take quite a while.

When connecting a USB drive to an Aurender it automatically tries to copy everything from it. Some flexibility of copying is likely in future software versions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing