Pioneer SP-FS52 Andrew Jones designed $129 each

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Technical Audio Devices Laboratories (TAD), a subsidiary of Pioneer.

Looks like an incredible bargain at $129 each.

Should be excellent for the price. Andrew Jones, is the chief designer at Technical Audio Devices Laboratories (TAD), a subsidiary of Pioneer. TAD Reference One < take a look.
zz.

Last edited:

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
Should be excellent for the price. Andrew Jones, is the chief designer at Technical Audio Devices Laboratories (TAD), a subsidiary of Pioneer. TAD Reference One < take a look.
zz.

Yes, I am a HUUGE fan of his TAD ref line speakers, some of the best box speakers available.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I have a friend that has these and says they are really good. Have not heard them yet. For the price they look like a no brainer, and you're not out much if you don't like them. From the owners manual they only weigh 25 pounds each but go down to 40 hz.

Not sure how they can sell them for so cheap. Labor and materials must be next to nothing in China.

Last edited:

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't know much about them, but they do go on sale quite often for around $80 each at Tiger Direct, Newegg, and Amazon.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I tried to listen to a pair (the model replaced by this one) at Best Buy. Surprise, surprise. Their switcher was broken. Asked if they could wire them up directly. They couldn't do it. So much for the Geek Squad eh?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
There are a good number of members over at Blu-ray.com who have embraced these speakers. Most of those members have limited to very limited budgets, but still want something nice and these seem to fit the bill.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I love AJ's work. I met him in Japan and he's a very nice guy to boot. Very humble and down to earth. I really wanted to hear those speakers. I can imagine that it can be even more difficult to design to a price point vs a project where cost is no object.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing