ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I can't see it because I don't have a facebook account and have no plans ever sign up.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I can't see it because I don't have a facebook account and have no plans ever sign up.
This is reason enough to sign up, see it, and then kill your account. :D

FYI I have no use for the darn thing either but it is a necessity at times as some companies only have facebook presence. And some past work colleagues use it to contact me instead of LinkedIn.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I will post *some* of my favorite images for those of you who don't have a facebook account:

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Nice!!!

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Amir & Others, Post #5 / Image #5 - photo with McIntosh equipment: do those speakers work properly? or did they just squeeze the towers for photo shoot?
Thanks for any replies, zz.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Looks like they are wired up so I say it is part of the gear. They have built an array out of the little speakers which may be playing all but low frequencies. And the array of woofers/subs compliment the rest. But I am just guessing.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Looks like they are wired up so I say it is part of the gear. They have built an array out of the little speakers which may be playing all but low frequencies. And the array of woofers/subs compliment the rest. But I am just guessing.

??? so are the woofers?/low midrange? slamming into the back of the little speakers by design??? I know as you say >just guessing<, but I find it strange. If nothing else accurate time alignment is down the tubes [not meaning horns].
zz.

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
I've been a follower myself for a few months, they sure do post some nice stuff

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hey Amir, I'm surprised this one didn't make the cut.........you must not be a vinyl guy. :)

As my grandfather would always say (albeit referring to women), Hubba, hubba, hubba......

Tom

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
BTW some of the better systems here and on a'gon are on Passionates.

Another interesting one:

Today they are depicting the Micro Seiki SX-8000 arm - never heard of it before, quite interesting

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hey Amir, I'm surprised this one didn't make the cut.........you must not be a vinyl guy. :)

As my grandfather would always say (albeit referring to women), Hubba, hubba, hubba......

Tom
Hubbaa, hubba, hubba indeed :D I did not see that one. There are just way, way too many cool pictures there. I just grabbed the first few.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Gorgeous photos!

Too bad I shun Facebook.
I think this is the only time I have found value in Facebook!

These look like DIY speakers

I don't think you are an analog lover until you have a bathroom like this:

Seems like some of our taxes in US go into music related items:

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
Gorgeous photos!

Too bad I shun Facebook.
While I too had been a Facebook holdout, so many of my friends and family are frequent posters that I too joined. It's too much a part of the American culture to ignore. Those who choose to ignore it do so at their own loss. Head in the sand ostrich comes to mind. I refuse to be one of the many OF audiophiles who want to argue "if you can't measure it, it's bunk!

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Some of you are really missing out

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing