Danley speakers installation

nyl

Jan 2, 2015
Newbie here! We are looking to buy a Danley sound system for a 2 story building. The building is 25ft wide and 100ft long. Each floor is 10ft in height and there is a opening in the back of the building between the 2 floors (approximately 18ft x 40ft). What speakers would you recommend ? We would like to have a sound little louder on the dance floor on the first floor which is right in the opening between the 2 floor. Here our some pics of the space in construction: nylink.com/test3

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Welcome to WBF. First, I think Danley is a member here? Which means if you look him up, you can PM him?

Second, it sounds like you are looking for commercial/club type equipment? There are a few members here with that kind of experience. I do not know what type of system you need (those others here will), but my two cents from experience:

- If you are going to be operating a club, people who club frequently may not know about audio equipment...but they definitely know what they like to hear in terms of sound.
- Back in the day, many of our friends who went out often always knew which clubs had the best sound, which DJs used vinyl, etc.

So setting aside money, it is worth getting the sound to come thru both clear and stupendously propulsive in the bass. It is surprisingly how many people hit a club...and STAY...when the music is good (both choice of music OF COURSE...but also how good it sounds.) Way too many clubs crank with distortion...deafening but with distorted bass or highs that are imbalanced relative to bass n an attempt to help you [sort of] be able to hear lyrics.

If you are playing electronic/deep house at all...there will be information sub 40hz, and i think a system designed to take you there makes a big difference.

two cents.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
articulated spiral array in a horizontally asymmetric configuration

Possibly: A logarithmic spaced, articulated spiral array in a horizontally asymmetric configuration employing frequency tapering and divergence shading, which includes isophasic high-frequency and mid-frequency apertures, hyper-cardioid low-frequency transducer sections, controlled by finite-impulse response filtering digital signal processing, and should work well with a psychoacoustic infector. :)
zz.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Acoustic shading might be tough to do with 10ft ceilings. I'd personally look into using many small mid highs (horizontally mounted Renkus Heinz Iconyx line arrays should be great for low ceilings) spread out evenly and multiple subs. 4 big ones on the floor and maybe 4 compact ones around the bar and vip couches. I'd probably do mostly small speakers bracket mounted on the second floor and feed them summed mono. I would look into center mounted omni tweeter bullets on the main floor too for some crispness and air to cut through chatter. I would definitely do DSP EQ and DRC. For the second floor I'd look at warmer speakers from the likes of Turbosound UK.

I'd love to hear Danley subs someday. They are supposedly extremely good. One of the absolute best for outdoor use I've been told.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Jack,

you were the first person that came to mind for this thread...glad you posted so quickly. i did not want to volunteer your expert knowledge but i was tempted!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Been hands off that arena for more than a decade Lloyd but I do try to keep abreast. So much good stuff in the pro world these days. Competition is so stiff in the entertainment industry that everybody is trying to get whatever competitive advantage they can. I was looking at the Iconyx system a few months ago and I remember telling myself, dang, this has so much potential for avoiding both hot and dead spots and getting really even coverage. Even coverage being a MAJOR consideration. Electronically steerable acoustic centers, with narrow dispersion and linesource spl drop behavior. Talk about tough to execute with conical dispersion pointsources over a medium sized area without some pretty mean combfiltering and again avoiding hot spots.

People in clubs are like sand on a shaking piece of paper. Either you'll see empty pockets when the club isn't that full or you see people yelling when they are in the direct line of fire. This is both in and out of the dance floor.

That's a pretty nice size the OP has got going there. Not too big, not too small either. I'd go. ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing