So I like Sophie Millman and Melody Gardot - Recommend me some more!

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Thanks!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010

proving that you're not dead...

P

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Check out vocalist/bassist Nikki Parrot :)

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Thanks Jack :)

Not sure I understand the other post (confused!)

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
you will probably like this album

This Shelby Lynn album is just stunning, and completely analog, all the way to vintage tube mic preamps.

Tim

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Shelby, she's an analog girl?

She is an analog girl, indeed. Rumor has it that on that album, she used a vintage tube mic that Frank Sinatra used to record with. The recording sounds the part - very lush, "euphonic." But even to this guy who listens to it from a lossless file through a server, it's gorgeous. And so is Shelby.

Tim

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
She is an analog girl, indeed. Rumor has it that on that album, she used a vintage tube mic that Frank Sinatra used to record with. The recording sounds the part - very lush, "euphonic." But even to this guy who listens to it from a lossless file through a server, it's gorgeous. And so is Shelby.

Tim

That's very cool Tim! :cool:

By the way, I'm a fan of hers as well. :b

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

Tim

Indeed Shelby prefers vinyl to digital because according to her "you can't roll a joint on a CD case". :D

Recently heard Shelby solo at the Triple Door (on her birthday no less). Her voice is a much more powerful instrument and she's a better guitar player than I anticipated.

I also like the LPs

"Tears. Lies and Alibis":

Revelation Road:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing