What do you DO while listening?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Used to enjoy critical listening in a well insulated room. Sometime enjoying the sound insulation to make love with my wife while listening to music on my favorite sofa...

That's a good enough reason for me......well, maybe not with your wife. Although I'm sure..........I should stop! :D:p

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
Music is a passion and my only justification to allocate significant resources to my audio system. I almost always have music playing in the background while doing other things. But I dedicate on average 15 - 20 hours a week immersed in music produced by amazing composers and artists recorded on great sounding music albums.

My audio system sound also adds to the enjoyment of movies provided by NetFlix each week.

And I'm fortunate to be building an addition to my house that will include a media room allowing me to expand the amount of time dedicated to music listening.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Music is a passion and my only justification to allocate significant resources to my audio system. I almost always have music playing in the background while doing other things. But I dedicate on average 15 - 20 hours a week immersed in music produced by amazing composers and artists recorded on great sounding music albums.

My audio system sound also adds to the enjoyment of movies provided by NetFlix each week.

And I'm fortunate to be building an addition to my house that will include a media room allowing me to expand the amount of time dedicated to music listening.

Awesome...dedicated room is an amazing thing no doubt...enjoy that. And yes, totally also agree about movies. We just watched Frankenstein (from the producers of Underworld)...just a simple action flick...but loads of fun with the big Wilsons and the Sub with same crossover setting but volume tweaked a good bit higher (what i call 'movie mode').

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I smoke pot !!:D
No only joking not everybody is like that in amsterdam :p
i am a documentairies /movies fan , and while surfing the net i watch docs a lot travel , science , history , war ...on the mainsystem
For serious music listening , i sometimes have to wait for the weekend as the seduction to turn up the volume on those big speakers is there every time .
Having these powerfull CAT amps and XPE speakers , i definetively need a dedicated isolated listening room to fully exploit it , to also not interfere with the neighbours .
I coudnt imagine a life without a good äudiosystem , when i was on holiday a while ago in south america , i missed it after a while , its a great stressreliever and a way to get in a different vibe

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing