Essence Electrostatic Loudspeakers

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I'm not sure why you say this. What makes metal difficult for a panel?

The metal ( music ) is not the problem BUT most metal fans tend to listend very loud and panels are not the BEST choice for that kind of ( music ) and that is being kind.:)

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
The metal ( music ) is not the problem BUT most metal fans tend to listend very loud and panels are not the BEST choice for that kind of ( music ) and that is being kind.:)

you should hear Metal on a set of Sanders Stats
94db with several kilowatt handles metal with ease

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

Sorry but for ME Sanders are HYBRIDS not stats very fine hybrids BUT for ME stats are full range just MY choice.

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia

Yes indeed, I can vouch for that from personal experience

Sorry but for ME Sanders are HYBRIDS not stats very fine hybrids BUT for ME stats are full range just MY choice.

For ME it's not about whether its a "true" stat or a "hybrid"
For ME it's about what produces the best music

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
For ME it's not about whether its a "true" stat or a "hybrid"
For ME it's about what produces the best music

+1

I try not get myself in abox: Stats, Panel, box, etc... It is about what reproduces music well and these days they come fro all corners and all type of technology ... I have not yet heard the Sanders but from all accounts they are superb.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
+1

I try not get myself in abox: Stats, Panel, box, etc... It is about what reproduces music well and these days they come fro all corners and all type of technology ... I have not yet heard the Sanders but from all accounts they are superb.

Also agree...i have been beguiled by Apogees years ago, by the mighty Arrakis...i have yet to hear horns that grabbed me but i am confident they exist and that setup (as always) matters. would love to hear Living Vox Olympian!!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Also agree...i have been beguiled by Apogees years ago, by the mighty Arrakis...i have yet to hear horns that grabbed me but i am confident they exist and that setup (as always) matters. would love to hear Living Vox Olympian!!

Heard the Vox at Munich. Nice, but it hit diminshing returns 300000 USD ago. A lot of the cost is for the gold finish.

Best horns, listen to Tune Audio Anima (made in Greece, very different - raw and energetic), and I found a custom made one in Berlin, with JBL for midrange and tweeter and Allnico for bass. Best speaker I have heard. Still have to listen to Haigner horns. I prefer custom made horns to large ones from Acapella, Avantgarde, and the likes. These horns do very different things from con or panel speakers so worth listening if only to learn from the different flavor

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I'm not sure why you say this. What makes metal difficult for a panel?
I hear quite a bit of "congestion" when this combo is auditioned. It's just not a good combo in my book.

Tom

hifitommy

of course we should not dismiss ES speakers as the sound, when properly demonstrated (isn't that what we do for our home speakers ALL the tiume?) provide astonishing detail and dimensional accuracy. done best at one sweet spot as is for most speakers designs.

martin logan and acoustat speakers have shown that loudness can be achieved with little compromise. Sound Labs is one of the currently available makers that don't have those usual drawbacks. at THE Show Newport '13 i heard some large SLs that were visually imposing but produced a VERY believable image size. among the best speakers i have ever heard, i would certainly consider them had i no constraints.

i will be looking for the Essence line at Newport '15, see you all there.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
This Company now sells Factory Direct only:) You can get a pair for 50% off now:D So $4,000 becomes $2,000 !:)

I found out about this on another forum

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Yes. I can't speak for the speakers, but the HDACC is a nice little piece. For half the price, it hits on all the SQ that the Oppo 105 does, but also lacks all the bells and whistles it has. I quit my search for an 'inexpensive' DAC when I got this one in house.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
of course we should not dismiss ES speakers as the sound, when properly demonstrated (isn't that what we do for our home speakers ALL the tiume?) provide astonishing detail and dimensional accuracy. done best at one sweet spot as is for most speakers designs.

martin logan and acoustat speakers have shown that loudness can be achieved with little compromise. Sound Labs is one of the currently available makers that don't have those usual drawbacks. at THE Show Newport '13 i heard some large SLs that were visually imposing but produced a VERY believable image size. among the best speakers i have ever heard, i would certainly consider them had i no constraints.

i will be looking for the Essence line at Newport '15, see you all there.

I hope the Model 1900 are on the market by then and at 50% off too !! :D

http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/product/model-1200/

{Update} The Model 1900 won't be coming out until the summer of 2016 , Bob told us on the Essence facebook page...

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
They will not have these all new Audiostatic Electrostatic speakers in stock until December 2015 and they say these speakers are a major breakthrough that do not need any AC POWER! They also say these speakers will go all the way down to 20 Hz! FOR 2K!! IF they can do that they will have Sound Lab "shaking in their boots" !:)

http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/new-audiostatic-electrostats-need-no-ac-power/

I also heard on another forum that some of the Space Coast Audio Society members in the Central Florida area are going to go Demo these all new Audiostatic speakers when Essence gets a pair in to Demo! The Space Coast Audio Society E-Mail is vgl@cfl.rr.com and their phone number is 386-423-4650

Last edited:

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
They will not have these all new Audiostatic Electrostatic speakers in stock until December 2015 and they say these speakers are a major breakthrough that do not need any AC POWER! They also say these speakers will go all the way down to 20 Hz! FOR 2K!! IF they can do that they will have Sound Lab "shaking in their boots" !:)
In your dreams.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing