WAMM at CES 2015

Adrian Low

Industry Epert
Hi all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

David Wilson will be showing the new WAMM at CES. Not sure if the speakers will be active. The presentation will be conducted by David Wilson and will show the future direction of the speakers. Invitation only. I'll post pics if allowed and feedback when I can.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

David Wilson will be showing the new WAMM at CES. Not sure if the speakers will be active. The presentation will be conducted by David Wilson and will show the future direction of the speakers. Invitation only. I'll post pics if allowed and feedback when I can.

And there we go! Big news!!!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Wow, can't wait !

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I am 78% trending toward going to the CES this year:D

How do I get an invite ?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I am 78% trending toward going to the CES this year:D

How do I get an invite ?

assuming there is at least a tiny chance you are serious, you have to apply to get credentials for CES. but it's mostly a formality. you go to the website and tell them what company you represent and how it relates to CES. then, depending on how early you apply it is free. later sign-up gets expensive. it's been years since I've gone but the first year I just represented my Honda dealership.

you can sign up in person at CES too, but again there is a fee.

they do screen badges at the doors to some of the exhibitions but not all. obviously if you are going to a Las Vegas hotel you can get in one way or another so credentials are not essential. I have seen screening on certain floors of the Hotel but not 100%.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
assuming there is at least a tiny chance you are serious, you have to apply to get credentials for CES. but it's mostly a formality. you go to the website and tell them what company you represent and how it relates to CES. then, depending on how early you apply it is free. later sign-up gets expensive. it's been years since I've gone but the first year I just represented my Honda dealership.

you can sign up in person at CES too, but again there is a fee.

they do screen badges at the doors to some of the exhibitions but not all. obviously if you are going to a Las Vegas hotel you can get in one way or another so credentials are not essential. I have seen screening on certain floors of the Hotel but not 100%.

Mike

I am familiar with the CES process. I had gone to a few times some years ago. I am thjinking about it this year and the chances are good. THe reaosn for the post is this from the OP

The presentation will be conducted by David Wilson and will show the future direction of the speakers. Invitation only.

Who's going to the CES this year? Maybe another thread.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Would be cool to see how the new whammsystem looks like , quite a interesting/ strange design .
So if i want to do a bit of gambling and visit ces in the mean while :D i need invitation , i assume you can also walk in and pay a fee at the door, right , just the whammpresentation is by invitation ??

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike

I am familiar with the CES process. I had gone to a few times some years ago. I am thjinking about it this year and the chances are good. THe reaosn for the post is this from the OP

I would guess that Steve could likely swing an invite to the WAMM demo for you if you wanted to go. he is pretty connected with Wilson.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
I would guess that Steve could likely swing an invite to the WAMM demo for you if you wanted to go. he is pretty connected with Wilson.

True that...
Calling on Steve and Debbie at Wilson Audio .. need an invite :D

I must say that speakers with separate subs and/or woofers offer the best potential for integration in a given room. it is to me clear that the best placement for Bass is not the same for the rest of the spectrum ... Many manufacturers have taken the separated sub/woofer route... Even Wilson in some ways with their Thor Hammer Subs ... This would be likely more of a package a la MM7 or Genesis 1.1 or II... I will also prepare myself for the sticker price shock :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
WA typically has a private showing of their new speaker(s) at CES for all Wilson dealers. I have been fortunate in the past to be invited on many occasions dating back to the release of the X2 Series 1 all the way up to the release of the XLF. Typically the speakers are on static display.

Adrian Low

Industry Epert
Wilson's email indicated that space is very limited, and only 3 presentations will be given if I remember correctly. I think invitations are given to dealers and select press.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Some info about the WAMM at CES:

It is an invite only presentation (dealers/distributors and press). The WAMM will be static display.

I have no say in who gets an invite. The invites go through John at Wilson Audio.

I will not be at CES this year, unfortunately. I have seen the WAMM. I am looking forward to hearing what people think of the design!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and wish you all a wonderful New Year!

Deb

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
WA typically has a private showing of their new speaker(s) at CES for all Wilson dealers. I have been fortunate in the past to be invited on many occasions dating back to the release of the X2 Series 1 all the way up to the release of the XLF. Typically the speakers are on static display.

Many of us were hoping you would swing for the XLF...but perhaps we are happy you passed now. You can get the WAMM!!!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
imo, expecting at least a $400k price tag.

I am told XLF is $250K in 2015? I would have guessed WAMM closer to $650K given that they presumably are trying to far outperform XLF + dual Thors which with extra amp/cabling could approach $350K+

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
i guess you could be right.
wonder if they will be active or will wilson team up with an amp manufacturer to pair them with a specific amp set-up?
maybe vtl or lamm or d'agostino?

Steve Williams

i guess you could be right.
wonder if they will be active or will wilson team up with an amp manufacturer to pair them with a specific amp set-up?
maybe vtl or lamm or d'agostino?

New Wilson speakers are typically on static display

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Steve Williams

He usually has the display in the Wilson suite where the dealers, distributors and press get to see the speaker and hear some dialog about it from either Dave, Daryl and or Peter McGrath. I can't remember 'hearing' a new speaker in all the times I have been to a new speaker launch at CES

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I am told XLF is $250K in 2015? I would have guessed WAMM closer to $650K given that they presumably are trying to far outperform XLF + dual Thors which with extra amp/cabling could approach $350K+

That was the price I was told from a dealer. The new WAMM will be awesome. We shall see when officially released.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing