MIT Matrix HD60's or Magnum MA Speaker Cables for Krell FPB200c amp?

mikey8811

Dec 24, 2014
Hi

Has anyone compared them?

The Matrix HD60's are meant to be the successor to the Magnum MA's but I am told they sound brighter and are less musical.

Does anyone have any experience with either and/or both with Krell amplification? Speakers are Vienna Acoustics Kiss.

Other cabling is Cardas Golden Cross and NBS Signature. Would the MIT Matrix HD60's or Magnum MA's be a good match in this setup?

I am currently trying out a pair of Cardas Golden Reference speaker cables. How would these compare?

I would like an open, natural sound with full bodied, tonal density and warmth all the same and no treble hardness or brightness - I am especially sensitive to a bright or hard treble. A 3D soundstage with width, depth and would be great too but not at the expense of etched highs or a loss of body or bloom.

Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing