Akurate CD. And now ? Any DAC with almost the same sound and PRAT ?

Maz65

Sep 26, 2014
Italy
Hi All,
my question is simple and can be for everyone knows the sound of Linn gear, in my case is the Akurate CD.

I'm looking to a DAC with USB input that can have the same musicality as Linn Akurate CD, I love it.

At the same time I'm not interested in DS products because I want to use my existing macmini/audirvana/dsf files too, but no matter if the DAC can play DSD.

I'm thinking to listen Weiss 202 and MSB Analog, maybe Meitner seems to have similar sound, but if someone did some comparison with other DACs and Linn sources, I need your opinion and listening impressions.
My budget is not more than 7000$.

My system: Spectral 200S S2 + 15SS , Sonus Elipsa Red.

Thanks in advance !
Max

Maz65

Sep 26, 2014
Italy
Pweg, cannot go in that direction, that's the reason for my question here.

After investing in Mac Mini and DSF dsd material -Linn DS doesn't manage dsd- does not have usb input neither an sp/dif if not a DSM, and I don't want wifi in house in order to select the music via iPad. Linn is not cheap and I think with less than the price of an Akurate DS + iPad + wifi router + xxGbytes NAS I can find a very good DAC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing