Stan Getz IPI Release

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I just finished listening to the excellent Stan Getz Quintet recorded in New Haven in Jan 1980. I'm not much of a jazz guy but these guys rock. The recording puts you right in the room with the performance. John Horwich deserves a medal for his archival efforts and recording skills. Two other new releases from him - Andy LaVerne Trio, September 1980 – New Haven, Connecticut (piano, vibes and bass!) and Mark Colby Quartet, August 2014 – Chicago, Illinois shine as well. His recording of Ravi Shankar from Luxembourg, 1980 sits high on my "frequent play list".

Get these while you can. John is relocating his production facilities and will not be producing tapes until he is set back up. Right now he's still rolling.

http://internationalphonographinc.com/master_tapes.html

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Ya never know!

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
hi
got my tapes yesterday and sure like what I saw!
very nice protective box instead of the flimsy usual ones and then the label on the outside with necessary info
started with Marc Colby Quartet tonight.....very nice multimiked session from august 2014
nice band with excellent and fluid sound
highly recommended!
will listen to Stan G tomorrow.....
best
Leif

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing